At a Glance
- Heart of the Peak District
- Outstanding views
- Real fires
- Peaceful location
- Traditional period features
- Local cycling/ walking routes
- Walking distance to 2 pubs
- Off road parking
- Wi-Fi access
About Longstone Holiday Cottages
Beautiful Longstone Cottages sit on the edge of the tranquil village of Little Longstone in the heart of the Derbyshire Peak District near Bakewell and Chatsworth. Sleeping 2 to 6, owner supervised stone cottages can be booked individually or together to sleep up to 12 guests. Ideal for couples, friends sharing or family gatherings, the cottages are only a 5 minute stroll from two recommended pubs serving excellent home-cooked food. Miles of scenic walks are direct from your door, including the nearby traffic free Monsal Trail open to cyclists and walkers, and at the end of a perfect day return to your charming cottage with a real fire!
The Lodge - Sleeps 6
The Lodge sleeps up to 6 with 15% discount for just one couple (not in peak season).
- A detached cottage with 3 bedrooms sleeping up to six people.
- Comfortable lounge with a stone fireplace, woodburning stove and French windows to the garden.
- Double doors lead to an open plan kitchen/dining area.
- A double and twin room and a shower room on the ground floor are ideal for those with limited mobility.
- Upstairs is a second twin room and further bathroom.
- South facing sheltered garden with table and chairs and outstanding views towards Chatsworth and Bakewell.
Dove Cottage - Sleeps 4
- Delightful traditional two bedroom cottage for 4.
- Entered through a stable door into a kitchen dining room with traditional ceiling hooks, a pine dining table and dresser.
- The kitchen features a large roof window and sloped ceiling and is fully equipped with an electric oven and hob, fridge freezer, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine.
- With laminate flooring and exposed ceiling beams, the lounge has a log burning stove
- Stairs lead from the lounge to a double and a twin bedroom and a modern shower room.
- Small cottage garden with table and chairs and an old garden bench nestling underneath a Yew tree.
Chatsworth Cottage - Sleeps 2
- A perfect retreat for 2 people.
- Chatsworth Cottage features a homely layout with open plan living space and high ceiling.
- The cottage is entered through French doors into a living room which incorporates a fully equipped kitchen area.
- Comfortable seating is set around the wood burning stove.
- A stunning spiral staircase leads to the double bedroom on the first floor. Tastefully furnished, stripped pine flooring, and a rocking chair to enjoy the countryside views.
- Adjacent bathroom with a shower over the bath.
- Lawned garden enclosed by hedging.
All cottages have...
- Full gas central heating
- Books, games and information leaflets
- Washing machine, dishwasher (except Chatsworth) and microwave
- TV (Freeview) DVD and Wi-Fi
We allow one well behaved dog to enjoy your holiday with you at an additional charge of £3 per day or £15 per week.
Around and About
- Cottages are set in glorious countryside with a wealth of historic sites, activities and attractions including Chatsworth House, Alton Towers, and Gulliver’s Kingdom.
- For shopping and other entertainment Sheffield, Chesterfield, Buxton and Matlock are all less than 20 miles away.
- Immediately accessible from the cottage is the popular viewpoint of Monsal Head and the historic Monsal Dale Viaduct. From here the Monsal Trail heads to Bakewell or towards Buxton.
- There are four popular Peak District pubs within walking distance of the cottages. All have a wide choice of real ales and great food. The Pack Horse and the Monsal Head are closest and within 5 minutes walk of our cottages. The Crispin and White Lion are a few minutes further along the road in Great Longstone.
Selected short breaks and special offers are available throughout the year. There is a 2 night minimum stay in Chatsworth Cottage and a 3 night minimum stay in The Lodge and Dove Cottage.
- Follow signs for Bakewell
- At the roundabout in the town centre look out for signs for A6 Buxton
- Follow the A6 out of the town and you will shortly approach Ashford – in – the Water which lies just off the main road
- Turn off the main road into Ashford village making sure you follow signs for Monsal Head
- Turn right by the village shop and follow the road uphill out of the village for about 1 mile until you reach the Monsal Head Hotel
- Turn immediately right at the hotel towards Little and Great Longstone
If you are staying at Dove Cottage, after 400 metres you take the third driveway on the right just before the holiday cottages sign (Chestnut House nameplate on gatepost). If you are staying in the Lodge, take the next unmarked driveway (just after the holiday cottages sign)
Please collect the key to your cottage from Chestnut House unless we have made other arrangements.