At a Glance
- 16 luxury lodges
- Sleep 2-6
- 12 lodges with hot tubs
- Min 2 night stay
- Romantic packages
- Free WiFi
About these Luxury Lodges
Rocklands are a stunning selection of 16 self-catering 4 Star lodges within a woodland glen in the North York Moors. Pickering and the North Yorkshire Moors steam railway are a mere 3 miles away and you're just 5 miles from popular Flamingo Land theme park. Some lodges feature their own private hot tub and all nestle between two farms in 3 acres of magical gardens and pine trees. All lodges are pet friendly except for our Supreme Lodge Glaisdale.
The area is fantastic for walking holidays with dogs, and numerous other outdoor pursuits are just on your doorstep including fishing, golf, horse riding and mountain biking in Dalby Forest. Choose from a variety of detached or semi-detached lodge styles from cosy studio lodge retreats perfect for couples to spacious detached supreme lodges ideal for large groups and families. Opt for one of our lodges with a private hot tub for the ultimate forest escape. Rocklands Lodges are the perfect place to unwind and enjoy a relaxing holiday.
Standard Non Hot Tub Lodges
Non hot tub lodges include Studio Lodges sleeping 2 overlooking fields or gardens with open plan living space, and our Family Suite sleeping 4, a semi-detached two bed lodge in a woodland setting.
- Standard Studios - sleep 2, beautifully furnished and ideal for a couple with views of fields or gardens. Living space is open plan with French windows out to a wooden furnished veranda. A shared BBQ is available. (no hot tub available)
- Standard Family Suite Lodge - sleeps 4, a semi-detached 2 bed lodge with spacious accommodation in a pretty woodland setting. Living space is open plan with 2 comfy sofas, a TV, DVD and a fully fitted kitchen. (no hot tub available)
Hot Tub Lodges
We have 12 hot tub lodges onsite including Studio Lodges, a One Bed Lodge, 1 Junior Suite, Family Lodges, a Family Chalet, 1 Signature Lodge and 2 Hot Tub Supreme Lodges. Imagine the ultimate retreat and sinking into your very own hot tub with views of the trees, surrounding countryside and at night clear skies.
- Studio Lodges with Hot Tub - sleep 2, called Harewood Dale, Farndale, Rosedale and Troutsdale all with open plan living space and a full kitchen. Relax under clear skies in the warm hot tub after a busy day of activities and book these lodges with one of our Romantic Packages!
- One Bedroom Lodge with Hot Tub - sleep 2, a relaxing and spacious lodge with open plan living space featuring a cosy sofa, a full kitchen with dining table and a wall-mounted TV/DVD player. The master bedroom has an en-suite with walk-in shower.
- Junior Suite with Hot Tub - sleeps 2 adults/2 children - an extended Studio Lodge perfect for great value family accommodation, semi-detached with open plan living space, a double bed and full kitchen. A large triple seater sofa and double sofa are in the living area along with a TV and DVD player.
- Family Lodge with Hot Tub - sleeps 4 - two stunning lodges with stylish interiors and unspoilt views of surrounding countryside - look out for pheasant, partridge and deer as well as other wildlife. The hot tub sits adjacent to pine trees and there is a private veranda, BBQ and garden furniture. On a clear day you can make out the beautiful Howardian Hills.
- Family Chalet with Hot Tub - sleeps 4 - a detached two bedroom lodge perfect for couples and families with ample space for all including the family dog! The chalet is a real home from home featuring a full kitchen, first floor living areas perfect for entertaining or relaxing and French windows out to the furnished deck with private BBQ. The master bedroom is stunning with space for a travel cot, and the unique feature of this lodge is a second deck area accessed via French windows in the bedroom. The bathroom has a walk-in shower.
- Glaisdale Hot Tub Supreme Lodge - sleeps 4 - a beautiful lodge set in gardens and the closest to the children's play area. Perfect for families, this lodge has its own outdoor picnic and living space is all on one floor. The lodge is accessed via steps or a ramp. Views look across to the gardens and there are two bathrooms (1 en-suite and one large family bathroom).
- Supreme Lodge Levisham - sleeps 4 - a fabulous holiday home surrounded by gardens. This detached lodge is adjacent to Glaisdale and sits near the children's play area. Access is via steps or a wooden ramp and living space is single storey.
- Signature Lodge Rievault - sleeps 5 - a detached lodge next to the children's play area with unspoilt views of fields and woods, and on a clear day the beautiful Howardian Hills beyond. Living space is all on one floor and open plan. Two bedrooms include a master with ensuite shower and a twin. The twin bedroom includes a trundle bed so this room can sleep 3 children. The design is extra special - by Interior Nine of Malton with walls painted in Farrow and Ball paints and adorned with paintings by Sam Toft.
- All bed linen inclusive with beds made up ready for your arrival.
- Kitchens with fridges, microwaves, crockery, glasses and essential utensils. Smaller lodges include a freezer section whilst our larger lodges have freezers.
- TVs and DVD players.
- Outdoor verandas/ seating areas.
- Ironing facilities and hairdryers.
- Washing up sponge and tea towel.
- Each lodge has allocated parking for 1 car.
Other Things to Note
- FREE WiFi access is available for browsing only. Please note that in the event of adverse weather reception will be affected.
- We can provide newspapers, chocolates, flowers or Bubbly if you require.
- Highchair hire is free.
- Onsite children's play area.
- Office hours are 9am to 6pm.
We're dog owners ourselves so know how important it is to you to not leave furry friends behind on holidays and short breaks.
All except one of our luxury lodges are pet friendly, and it's our aim to ensure your pet friendly holiday experience is a memorable one.
Visit our website to view our dedicated Dog Stay Guide listing local dog friendly pubs like The Buck Inn at Wrelton and great dog friendly cafes in nearby Whitby. We give all our guests a copy of the Wrelton rambler - a guide to local walks.
You'll also find a small list of best local walks direct from our lodges on our website as well as top dog friendly attractions nearby including the grounds of Helmsley Castle.
Treat yourself and your partner to our Romantic Package for two, available for £50 inclusive of dinner for two at a local inn, a fabulous bouquet of flowers and a bottle of Bubbly in your room.
Extras (small charge)
- Dogs welcome - we charge a small supplement of £25 per dog.
- Flowers from £30.
- Hire fluffy soft bathrobes for £10 per couple.
- Chocolates - large box £17, small box £12.
- Prosecco £12.
Midweek nights are Sunday to Thursday, and weekend nights are Friday or Saturday. Minimum stay is 2 nights and minimum weekend stay in one of our lodges with hot tubs is 3 nights.
Around and About
We enjoy a superb, peaceful location in the beautiful North Yorkshire countryside close to the historic and picturesque market towns of Pickering and Hemlsey, and just half a mile from the pretty village of Wrelton.
Rocklands Lodges provide a perfect base to explore the attractions of the North Yorkshire Moors and the beautiful coastline of Whitby and Scarborough. We're ideally close to Dalby, the great Yorkshire forest and a top spot for mountain biking, dog walking and home to an adrenaline pumping Go Ape centre.
There are many museums and attractions in the area as well as excellent eateries and fine inns. Relax and enjoy the tranquil setting, with its woodland aroma and the sound of nature just outside your door.