At a Glance
- 4 unique cottages
- Sleep 2-6
- Short breaks (min 3 nights)
- Pubs nearby
- Monday/Friday arrival & departure
About Chestnut Farm
Chestnut Farm is a 17th century Derbyshire farm, longbarn and dairy with four beautifully converted cottages set in 1 1/4 acres of grounds and courtyard overlooking the Peak District National Park. The Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site is within 15 minutes and the famous Limestone Way passes alongside the farm making us perfect for walkers. Two village inns, a local deli and a garden centre are within walking distance, and more amenities in Matlock including a supermarket, bus and rail links and a steam railway are just 10 minutes away. The bustling town of Matlock Bath with the popular Abraham Cable Cars, Gullivers Kingdom and a mining museum is only 2 1/2 miles away.
Our four cottages are perfect for couples, families or solo travellers visiting the area. The farm sits just above the pretty village of Bonsall and high above the 'Via Gellia' wooded gorge with wonderful views. You're ideally situated for exploring the wider Peak District area including top spots like Carsington Water, the High Peak Trail, the Manifold Valley and Dovedale. Attractions including Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall and the Crich Tramway Village are only a short drive away.
Four individually styled cottages are available sleeping 2 to 6 guests and they sit in a stunning rural farm setting. Each has its own character and charm with allocated parking and free WiFi. Cottages are nice and cosy all year round with ground floor tiled flooring including underfloor heating and carpeted bedrooms with central heating/radiators.
The cottages are available to book individually or together for up to 16 guests. Bed linen and towels are included. No smoking or vaping throughout, and no pets please. We cannot accommodate commercial vehicles, motorhomes or caravans.
The Dairy - Sleeps 2
- Cosy cottage for two, stone built with exposed beams and high vaulted ceilings.
- Perfect for short break getaways and for visitors looking to walk and explore the area.
- Single storey with free WiFi and allocated parking for 1 car.
- Double bedroom sleeping 2.
- Shower room with a wash basin, wc, walk-in shower and a heated towel rail.
- Lounge Diner/ Kitchenette.
- The kitchenette includes a slimline gas oven with 4 gas hob, a sink, microwave, a fridge, toaster, kettle and slimline dishwasher. (Please note - no freezer and washer/dryer in this cottage).
- 32" Freeview TV, DVD, CD and radio.
- A stone fireplace has a gas fired stove heater.
- Tiled flooring with underfloor heating is included in our single storey cottage.
The Barn - Sleeps 4
- A lovely stone built cottage sleeping 4 with exposed beams, a spiral staircase and comfortable furnishings throughout.
- Living space across two floors.
- Two bedrooms - 1 double for two and 1 twin for two.
- Lounge/ Diner with a 32" Freeview TV, DVD, CD and radio.
- Fitted kitchen with a sink, microwave, dishwasher, a fridge freezer, a gas oven with 4 gas hob, a washing machine/ dryer, kettle and toaster.
- Bathroom on the first floor with a wash basin, wc and a bath with a shower over.
- Allocated parking for 1 car.
The Farrows - Sleeps 4
- Character converted cow barn and piggery with 2 bedrooms - sleeps 4.
- Stone built cottage with a stylish contemporary interior.
- Living space across two floors.
- Free WiFi and allocated parking for 2 cars included.
- Two bedrooms - 1 double bedroom for two on the first floor and 1 twin bedroom for two on the ground floor with a sloping ceiling.
- Lounge/ Diner featuring a 32" Freeview TV, DVD, CD and a radio.
- Fitted kitchen with a wash basin, an integrated electric oven and 4 gas hob burner, a microwave, a slimline dishwasher, fridge/freezer, a washing machine/ dryer, kettle and a toaster.
- Ground floor shower room containing a wash basin, wc, heated towel rail and a shower cubicle.
Barn End - Sleeps 6
- Spacious 3 bedroom stone built cottage with stunning first floor views of the Peak District and surrounding fields.
- Perfect for families or groups with living space across two floors.
- Free WiFi and allocated parking for 2 cars.
- Lounge with a 32" Freeview TV, DVD, CD and radio.
- Dining room.
- Fitted kitchen with a range cooker and electric oven with 5 gas hob, a sink, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge freezer, toaster and kettle.
- Two separate sleeping areas are on the first floor, each accessed via their own spiral staircases.
- Sleeping area 1 has a double bedroom for two, bunk bedroom and a bathroom with a wash basin, wc and a bath with shower over.
- Sleeping area 2 has a twin bedroom for two and a shower room with a wash basin, show cubicle and a wc.
Minimum stay is 3 nights (Arrival Friday from 3pm and departure Monday by 10am). For midweek stays of 4 nights - Monday to Friday - please enquire.
Sorry no pets please. Maximum stay duration is 21 days. Children are welcome.
Arrivals and departures are Mondays and Fridays. Search availability and book direct online, or please do call us on 07733 351 651 or 01629 820946 for more information or to book by phone.
Chestnut Farm is situated on Abel Lane, Uppertown Bonsall. Please note - for Sat Nav devices use postcode DE4 2AW, but please also refer to the map as this postcode does not bring you to the correct entrance. It will bring you to the Uppertown Lane/ Moor Lane junction just past Bell Lane.