At a Glance
- Two beautifully appointed double guest rooms
- 1.9 miles to the attractions in Matlock
- Easy access into the Peak District National Park
About this Bed and Breakfast
Situated an easy walk along the cycle track from the attractions of Matlock, Slayleigh Bed and Breakfast is a beautiful retreat for adults with two gorgeous double rooms to choose from. Free parking is available so park up and explore the town by foot or bike. An abundance of outdoor activities and historical attractions can be enjoyed in the surrounding area and this charming accommodation is also perfect for exploring the peaceful moorland of the Peak District National Park.
We are also situated within easy walking distance of local pubs serving real ale and excellent food. Local bus and train routes are conveniently found closeby and we welcome business guests, solo travellers and couples looking for an adult retreat. A single occupancy discount is available - please contact us for further details.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- A deluxe double room with shower decorated in silver and gold vintage baroque style. Furnished with a king-size bed, this lovely room is also well equipped with a 42" TV/ DVD player, a wine chiller fridge, welcome tray and a private ensuite shower room with WC and hand basin. Wine glasses, ironing facilities, complimentary toiletries and plenty of storage are also provided.
- A Victorian four poster bedroom tastefully decorated in keeping with the era and accessed via a private hallway. The attractive ensuite bathroom has a range of toiletries including bubble bath/ salts and the room is also equipped with a TV, DVD player, ironing facilities, a hair dryer, sound proofing and double glazing. A wine chiller fridge and glasses are also supplied.
A choice of a full English breakfast or a vegetarian option is served until 9.15am.
- Attractive courtyard garden with pond and outdoor seating areas
- Guest lounge/ dining room with leather seating and wood burner stove
- Private off road parking
- Free Wi-Fi service
- Luggage storage by arrangement
- Central heating, double glazing and soundproofing
- Daily maid service
Please note that our accommodation is for adults only and we do not accept pets.
Check in time is from 3pm to 9pm and please vacate your room by 10.15am on your final day.
Around and About
- Beautiful walks along the river and cycle track
- Vintage steam rides from Church Town into Matlock and back again
- Visit the annual illuminations at Matlock Bath in October to watch the Venetian boats and fireworks display
- Take the cable car ride to The Heights of Abraham and visit the famous show caverns. Or enjoy a relaxing meal at the Vista Restaurant to admire the views over the Derwent Valley
- Explore the Monday Market in Bakewell or visit the monthly Saturday farmers market
- Chatsworth House - 4.5 mile drive
- Bakewell Village - 3.5 miles
- Fishing, golf, hiking, caving and cycling can all be enjoyed in the surrounding area