At a Glance
- Comfortable cottages for up to 24
- Surrounded by lakeland scenery
- Some properties with hot tub & access to pool
About these Holiday Cottages
Famous for its links to Beatrix Potter and beautiful lakeside walks, the central Lake District around Windermere is the ideal location for a family break. Grizedale Forest is home to a host of excellent cycling trails and Go Ape! or head to the pretty market town of Kendal to view the ruins of the 12th century castle.
Property Information and Key Features
Sykes Cottages offer an excellent choice of accommodation including beautiful lakeside retreats and charming country cottages. Browse the full range of family friendly cottages in the central Lake District National Park on the Sykes Cottages website (link right). Property choice includes:-
- No 16. - a fabulous four storey Edwardian townhouse in Windermere with three bedrooms, a games room, off road parking, a patio garden plus family facilities such as a cot, high chair and stairgate.The property can sleep up to six people and local amenities can be found a short walk away. Pets are not accepted at this property.
- Wilson's Cottage - a delightful character cottage set in a peaceful location near Kendal with outdoor seating area, two bedrooms, lockable bike storage, roadside parking & short break offers. One well behaved dog is welcome at this property.
- Lakeside Cottage - a charming four bedroom property set in one acre of gardens overlooking Lake Windermere and Gummer's Howe. Family facilities include a kid's play area with 'witch's hat' swing, a hot tub, cot and high chair. Up to eight membership passes for a nearby leisure club with pool are also available. No pets.
- Hammerhole - a beautiful lakeside retreat near Hawkshead with five bedrooms, private jetty and boat mooring, travel cot, high chair and four bath/ shower rooms. Shared leisure facilities including a pool, table tennis room and kid's play area can be found on the Graythwaite estate (20 minute walk). Two well behaved dogs are welcome.
Short breaks are usually available including for last minute bookings. Visit the Sykes Cottages website for up-to-date information on availability and pricing for individual properties.