At a Glance
- 7 cottages - sleep 2-8
- 10 acres of woodland & pasture
- Giant outdoor games - draughts & snakes and ladders
- Free WiFi across the site
- Outdoor play area
- Pickering 1.5 miles
- Indoor heated pool (open all year)
- Laundry facilities
- Pets corner with horses, chickens, sheep & pygmy goats
About these Family Friendly Holiday Cottages
Low Costa Mill Cottages are perfect for year round family breaks situated within 10 acres on the banks of Costa Beck. The bustling market town of Pickering is only 1.5 miles away so it's easy to pick up seasonal family fun stream railway events on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. Children will love the onsite indoor heated swimming pool, open all year round and free to use for the duration of your stay.
Other great onsite facilities include 10 acres of woodland and pasture to explore plus a large lawned area ideal for outdoor games with giant draughts and snakes and ladders, a climbing frame, swings and garden toys. Dalby Forest with its mountain bike trails and Go Ape activity centre is just a short distance away. All you need for a memorable self-catering family stay is available onsite including laundry facilities, cots and Z beds on request and free WiFi across the site.
Choose from 7 charming cottages sleeping 2 to 8 ideal for large or small family groups. Each cottage is furnished to a high standard with living rooms including TVs with Freeview channels, Blu Ray DVD players, DAB radios and free WiFi.
Well equipped fitted kitchens are included, and some cottages have washing machines. We also have on-site laundry facilities with free washing machines, a washing line and drying rack. A pay-per use tumble dryer is also available.
- Carter's Cottage - Sleeps 2+cot. Single storey and suitable for wheelchairs. Fitted kitchen/dining room, a lounge with a cosy log fire, Freeview TV and Blu Ray DVD and the fitted kitchen includes a microwave.
- Farrier's Cottage - Sleeps 4+cot. Two bedroom ground floor cottage with views of the duck pond and gardens. The kitchen is well equipped with a dishwasher and microwave. In the lounge/dining area you'll find a log fire, Freeview TV and DVD/Blu-Ray.
- Heron View Cottage - Sleeps 8+2 cots or a Z bed. A large character granary conversion with an 'upside-down' design and fantastic views over the steam and surrounding countryside. Living space on the first floor is open plan with a dining area, log fire, Freeview TV and DVD/Blu Ray player. The kitchen is well equipped and includes a dishwasher and washing machine.
- The Granary - Sleeps 6+1 cot. A spacious cottage with a large lounge/dining area featuring a beamed ceiling and cosy log fire, Freeview TV and a Blu Ray DVD player. The kitchen is well equipped with a washing machine and a dishwasher.
- Thresher Cottage - Sleeps 4+1 cot or Z bed. Lounge/Dining room with a cosy electric log fire, Freeview TV and a Blu Ray DVD player. Fitted kitchen with a dishwasher. Two bedrooms - 1 double and 1 bedroom which can be either a twin or king-size. The bathroom comes with a wc.
- Harvester Cottage - Sleeps 5+cot. A three bedroom cottage with a double, twin and single bedroom. The bathroom has a wc and there is also a shower room. A well equipped kitchen includes a dishwasher and in the lounge/ dining room there is a log fire, Freeview TV, Blu Ray DVD player and a charming bay window with views of the garden and play area.
- Leat Cottage - Sleeps 4+2 cots. This popular ground floor cottage has 1 king-size double bedroom and 1 twin bedroom. The bathroom has a bath with a shower over. A well equipped kitchen/dining room includes a dishwasher and a washer/ dryer. A relaxing living room features a cosy log fire, Freeview TV, Blu Ray DVD and patio doors out to a riverside garden.
- Indoor heated swimming pool open all year round from 8am to 10pm, with a children's pool adjacent.
- Fly fishing is free on Costa Beck (subject to a valid rod license). The Beck is well stocked with trout and grayling and look out for resident Kingfishers and Heron!
- Children will adore the large grass play area featuring swings, a climbing frame and giant board games.
- Explore our woodland walks rich in wildlife.
- Don't miss a visit to pets corner with friendly animals including horses, chickens and sheep in paddock areas. You'll also find wild ducks on the pond.
- BBQs are available for guest use and there are ample outdoor seating areas.
- Premier 18 hole golf courses are only a few miles down the road.
- Laundry room with free washing machines and tumble dryers (chargeable).
Other Things to Note
Free on-site parking is available for all guests, and free WiFi internet access is across the site.
Well trained pets are welcome by prior arrangement and for a small extra fee.
Please call us direct for more information on pricing and availability, or search and book online.
Coming from Pickering and the West (A170)
After passing Helmsley and Kirkbymoorside, go through the villages of Aislaby and Middleton. Watch out for an Esso petrol station to your right. Follow a sweeping right hand bend and just before the road sweeps to the left take the turning on the right. This turning sees you heading towards Marton. After around 1/2 mile take a left turn - this is Costa Lane. Continue on this lane for about 1/2 mile and you will see the cottages on your left.
Exiting Pickering from the East (A170)
When you have crossed over the town's only roundabout and the only traffic lights, carry on along the A170 heading towards Helmsley and the west. Buildings become less and less - look out for a large pond to your left after the Westgate Carr Road. Just before you take a sweeping right hand bend take a left turn. Continue towards Marton, and after around 1/4 mile take a left turn onto Costa Lane. Continue for around 1/2 mile and we are on your left.