At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms & extra separate wc
- Sleeps 6
- Sky TV & welcome pack
- Short walk from village centre
- Off road parking for 2 cars
About this Holiday Home
Detached and modern Merrijig is a spacious holiday home in Dulverton on the southern edge of Exmoor National Park. The village centre is only a few minutes' stroll away with an excellent selection of pubs, tearooms, shops and restaurants. Merrijig has three bedrooms and sleeps six guests comfortably, with ample off road parking available on the driveway. An upstairs sitting room has sliding doors out to a balcony with stunning views of the surrounding countryside and all rooms offer ample space with modern facilities including a basic Sky TV package. A spacious enclosed lawned garden with a patio area and picnic table is to the rear of the property.
- Front door entrance just off the driveway parking area, leading into a hallway.
- A double bedroom is on each side of the hallway, one of which has an en-suite shower room.
- An additional separate wc with a wash basin is also off the hall.
- Living room with a basic SkyTV package and a Freesat box which can be connected up if required, a cosy woodburning stove, ample comfortable seating and sliding doors out to a balcony with rural views.
- Fully fitted large modern kitchen with a dining table, dishwasher, washing machine, a tumble dryer, a fridge/freezer, a microwave, a washing machine, tumble dryer and a large electric Stove range cooker with a dual oven and an induction hob. All essential crockery, utensils and kitchen accessories are included.
- Family bathroom with a bath and shower over, wc and a wash basin.
- Third bedroom - a twin with a cot.
- Two bedrooms include built-in wardrobes with sliding doors plus chest of drawers.
A back door in the kitchen leads out to a path up into the garden area at the rear with a slightly sloping lawned area and a paved patio area at the top with a picnic area. Access from the rear garden down a side gate step down leads to the front of the house.
Off road driveway parking for two cars is at the front with additional free parking on the adjacent roadside if needed.
Other Things to Note
- Sorry no dogs please.
- Free WiFi internet access throughout
- Ironing facilities and hairdryers are included.
- Bed linen, duvets and towels are all provided - please bring along your own beach towels.
- A welcome pack including tea, milk, coffee and biscuits is available on arrival, along with essentials such as salt, pepper and 1 or 2 toilet rolls per wc.
- Cleaning materials including washing up liquid, a surface cleaner and dishwasher tablets are all supplied along with a hoover.
- Additional garden chairs and a table are available if required.
- Accommodation is strictly non-smoking.
- Electric and heating are inclusive in the booking price. Merrijig has full central heating controlled by thermostats to suit your requirements.
The property is available for weekly bookings and short breaks. Arrival is from 4pm and departure requested by 10am.
Dulverton is a bustling centre and a popular gateway into Exmoor National Park with a variety of shops, restaurants and pubs. Essential shops including a greengrocher, a mini supermarket and a butcher are all available.