At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- Pub 2 min walk
- Ground floor wheelchair access
- Short breaks
- Parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed patio
About this Holiday Cottage
A former cow byre and hayloft, East Byre near Penrith is one of three luxury properties around Salutation Yard. The location is perfect for exploring the Eden Valley, the Lake District, the North Pennines and the Yorkshire Dales, and is accessible with wheelchair access on the ground floor. Accommodation is spacious sleeping up to 6 guests and 3 cots with an enclosed patio and parking for 2 cars.
The ground floor is suitable for a part-time wheelchair user and serves as an accessible self-contained apartment for 2 plus a cot if required, inclusive of one bedroom and a shower room. Discounts apply for this under-occupancy at certain times of the year - please enquire direct for details.
- A two storey house sleeping up to 6 guests and 3 cots (2 guests and 1 cot on the ground floor).
- Entrance through the front door, and a step down into a hallway, or take the step free, wide door acess via the enclosed patio through double doors and down a ramp leading to the sitting area.
- The small hallway has coat hooks, and leads to stairs up to the first floor bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Third door off the hall leading into the dining, kitchen and living area.
- The fitted kitchen includes wall and floor units, a worktop space, sink, electric oven and hob with extractor hood, an integrated fridge freezer, a microwave and a dishwasher.
- Understairs cupboard with an automatic washing machine (East Byre shares a tumble dryer, situated across the yard in North Stables).
- A dining table has 6 chairs.
- The living area includes 3 sofas and 2 footstools offering seating for six. Inside the footstools you'll find a selection of board games and a coffee table is also available. Furniture sits around a cosy electric mock flame/log fire and this area also has a wall-mounted TV/DVD and a CD/radio/iPod dock.
- The upstairs landing area has a desk and chair, serving as a study if required.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Ground floor bedroom with zip and link beds - either a twin or a super king double as preferred, featuring a triple wardrobe with drawers under and 2 bedside tables.
- The ground floor bedroom has an attractive deep window sill which can serve as a dressing table, with a stool and an illuminated mirror. This bedroom also has a TV/DVD, a hairdryer and a clock radio plus space for a cot.
- Ground floor shower room with a wash basin, wc and a shaver point/ light, a wall cabinet and a spacious shower recess with a curtain. Several grab rails are available to facilitate ease of access. A shower seat and raised toilet seat are also available.
- First floor bedroom with zip and link beds (either a twin or super king) with a bedside table, triple wardrobe with drawers under and a dressing table featuring a mirror and stool, a TV/DVD, clock radio and a hairdryer. There is space for a cot.
- Landing area - on the further landing the original hayloft loading door is an interesting feature and a cupboard has laundry and cleaning materials.
- A separate bathroom contains a wc, a wash basin with a shaver point/ light, a corner shower unit and a freestanding bath.
- Master king-size bedroom with bedside tables, dressing table with a mirror and stool, a large triple wardrobe, a chest of drawers, a TV, clock radio, hairdryer space for a cot and an en-suite shower.
- A door leads to the master en-suite shower room with a wide shower enclosure featuring a sliding door, a wc and wash basin.
Double doors with a ramp lead out to a self-contained patio area with outdoor chairs and a table.
Off road parking for 2 cars is always available (additional spaces may be available on request).
East Byre also has its own lockable indoor storage space located in the North Stables building just across the yard. This space is secure, dry and has fitted coat hooks, a boot rack and a shelf rack. It's an ideal space for storing bicycles, excess luggage, outdoor clothing and outdoor equipment.
Short breaks - minimum 3 night stay. Weekend 3 night breaks commencing on a Friday and 4 night midweek breaks starting on a Monday.
Sorry no dogs please (contact us direct to enquire on bringing assistance dogs).
Around and About
East Byre is situated in the heart of Skelton village and just a short distance from the market town of Penrith with its choice of restaurants, inns, markets and shops. Visit nearby Keswick and the North Lakes or head off into the gentle Eden Valley. The Settle Carlisle Railway is easily accessed nearby and Salutation Yard is only just over 10 miles from Lake Ullswater.
The local village inn - The Dog and Gun - is only a 2 minute stroll away and serves delicious home-made pub food and local ales.
Exit the M6 at Junction 41, continue west on the B5305 for about 2.8 miles. After Hutton in the Forest take a left turn at the Blencow/ Greystoke junction. Continue on this lane for around 1.7 miles. At the crossroads turn right for Skelton. Continue for 1.8 miles along the lane to Skelton village crossroads.
Straight on down the hill for 90 metres, passing Greystone House on the right (cream coloured house/ porth and an attached stone barn). You will see the entrance to Salutation Yard just on your right after the barn.
Turn right onto the driveway - stop in front of the black line. Please enter the code on the keypad located to the right of your vehicle. The gates will then open automatically towards you. Note they operate via a timber and sensor and close automatically when the way is clear.