At a Glance
- Pet friendly cottages sleep 2-20
- Fell walks from your door
- Local pet friendly inns & attractions
About these Pet Friendly Holiday Cottages
Treat your dog to a short break or holiday in the heart of the Lake District and choose from a superb collection of pet friendly cottages across the National Park with Sykes Cottages. The Lake District is packed with challenging fell walks and gentle lakeside strolls. Stay in a holiday cottage in Great Langdale near Ambleside or a character 17th century cottage in Staveley near Windermere, perfect for active dogs! The Lake District's spectacular landscapes along with numerous pet friendly inns and attractions makes it a top spot for holidays with Rovers!
Property Information and Key Features
- Fox Barn (Sleeps 4). Staveley near Windermere - a single storey 17th century cottage in the village of Staveley surrounded by fell walls and with a nearby riverside stroll - perfect dog walking territory. Cosy Fox Barn has gas central heating and an electric fire. The kitchen is fully fitted with a washer/ dryer, dishwasher and a microwave. Facilities include Freeview TV, WiFi and a digital radio. Relax on a sunny south facing patio to the front with furniture, a chiminea and a BBQ. Two well trained pets are welcome and you're only a 5 minute stroll from the nearest shop and pub.
- Wastwater (Sleeps 5). Sawrey near Hawkshead - a spacious 2 bedroom stone property, 1 of 11 stunning properties near Esthwaite Water. Perfect for exploring Beatrix Potter Country with your pet, this accommodation is also family friendly with a cot and highchair provided. The kitchen is fully fitted with a washing machine and a tumble dryer. Freeview TV, a cosy woodburning stove with logs provided and access to a communal lawned garden are all inclusive. Two well trained dogs are welcome.
- White Moss, Wood Close (Sleeps 5). Grasmere near Ambleside - an attractive ground floor apartment with 3 bedrooms, 1 of 9 properties within a former gentleman's residence perfect for exploring Wordsworth Country with your pet. Accommodation includes a well equipped kitchen with a washing machine and dishwasher and a cosy sitting area with Freeview TV, an electric fire and a big sash window with views towards Grasmere Lake. Guests and their pets have shared use of woodland gardens with lawn space and outdoor furniture. The property also includes a private furnished terrace. One well trained dog is welcome.
- Keepers Cottage (Sleeps 10). Graythwaite near Hawkshead - a spacious detached cottage on a country estate near the western shores of Lake Windermere. Onsite leisure facilities include a swimming pool, a children's play area, a table tennis room, a fishing lake and a fitness suite. Perfect for large family groups with WiFi, Freeview TV and a fully fitted kitchen included, this cottage has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, a cosy woodburner, a cot and highchair and ample off road parking. A patio area is to the front and there is access to acres of estate grounds.
- 3 Low House Cottages (Sleeps 6). Coniston near Hawkshead - a 3 bedroom modern terraced cottage with WiFi and a fully fitted kitchen including a washing machine and a dishwasher. Two TVs with Freeview are available and the sitting room has a cosy open fire with a starter pack of fuel included. Off road parking is onsite for 3 cars and 1 well trained pet is welcome (please keep dogs on leads around the outdoor sitting area).
- Wetherlam View (Sleeps 8). Little Langdale near Coniston and Ambleside - a stunning detached cottage in the heart of Little Langdale, perfect for walking holidays with dogs. The property is only a 2 minute stroll from Slaters Bridge and is surrounded by the spectacular Langdale Fells on all sides. Lingmoor Fell is just behind the cottage and a choice of bridleways and footpaths are direct from your cottage door. Central heating and a cosy woodburner are included along with a fully fitted kitchen, Sky TV, WiFi and a PS2. Outside a private enclosed garden is to the front with outdoor furniture. Two well trained dogs are welcome.
Short breaks are often available in cottages. Visit the Sykes Cottages website for up-to-date information on availability and pricing for individual properties.
Walking & Dog Friendly Attractions
The Lake District is tailor-made for holidays with dogs offering the full pooch friendly package of spectacular fell walking, a huge choice of dog friendly cottages, pet friendly inns and a wide choice of dog friendly attractions.
Choose a cottage in the Central Fells and you'll never be far away from a dog friendly inn or amenities.
Head off with active dogs into the Langdale Fells around Ambleside or challenge yourself and your pet to The Kentmere Horseshoe near Staveley, one of the longest and most remote walks in the Lake District!
Walk in the area loved by Wordsworth and head on up Silver Howe around Grasmere. It's pets welcome on most lake cruises in the Lake District, and many like Windermere Lake Cruises welcome dogs for free!
The Coniston and Hawkshead areas have a wide choice of pet friendly cottages perfect for exploring Beatrix Potter Country and beautiful Tarn Hows, an area cared for by the National Trust with spectacular views.
Explore the Lake District Forest Parks like Grizedale near Hawkshead or Whinlatter near Keswick. Great family attractions like the Brockhole Visitor Centre alongside Lake Windmere and the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway also welcome dogs.