At a Glance
- Budget Cottages sleep 2-20
- Gower & Cartmarthenshire coast locations
- Family & pet friendly cottages
About these Budget Holiday Cottages
Escape to the beautiful Gower Peninsula in South Wales and browse a superb collection of budget holiday cottages in the area with Sykes Cottages. Choose from a selection of charming traditional cottages with cosy woodburners and beamed ceilings, of stay in a budget holiday home near Three Cliffs Bay. The Gower Peninsula and the surrounding Carmarthenshire Coast are a mecca for walkers, wildlife watching and for beach lovers. The coastline is famed for its great sweeping beach bays popular for a range of watersports including surfing, and golf, horse riding, walking and cycling are all widely available.
Property Information and Key Features
- Rosedale (Sleeps 6). Sandy Lane near Parkmill, South Wales - an affordable 3 bedroom holiday home perfect for families and situated just behind the dunes of family friendly Three Cliffs Bay. Parkmill village is nearby and Swansea is within easy reach. The cottage dates from the 1920s and is brimming with quirky features. Two well trained dogs are welcome and you're only a 5 minute stroll from a shop and a pub. A pretty garden and furnished patio are also included.
- 12 Glan Y Mor (Sleeps 6). Llansteffan near Carmarthen, South Wales - a spacious semi-detached house with an open fire, a garden and patio and a well equipped kitchen with a washing machine and a dishwasher. WiFi and Freeview TV are included along with a selection of books, games and a small DVD library. A sunny south facing garden with a furnished patio and BBQ is a great spot to relax in, and roadside parking is adjacent.
- Castle Cottage (Sleeps 4). Kidwelly, South Wales. This charming cottage in Kidwelly sits in the shadow of the ruined castle and is warm and cosy with an electric stove, beamed ceilings, exposed stone walls and a kitchen with a washing machine. Freeview TV and WiFi are included, and an enclosed covered courtyard with outdoor furniture is to the rear. A shop and pub are a 5 minute stroll away.
- The Beach House (Sleeps 5). Llanelli, South Wales - a bright and cheerful budget cottage with a cot and highchair available and WiFi included. This terraced property sits in a peaceful spot only 1/2 mile from the beach. Quirky seaside touches are numerous, and the property has an enclosed patio with a BBQ and outdoor furniture. Off road parking for 2 cars is to the rear.
- 2 Graig Cottages (Sleeps 6). Burry Port near Llanelli, South Wales - an attractive terraced cottage in an elevated position with views across to Burry Port and beyond to the sea. Living space is warm and welcoming, featuring a well equipped kitchen with a washing machine and a cosy sitting room area with an open fire. WiFi, Freeview TV, a travel cot, highchair and stairgate are all included and you're just a 5 minute stroll from a shop and pub. One well trained pet is welcome.
Short breaks are usually available including for last minute breaks. Visit Sykes Cottages website for availability and pricing information for each property.
Budget Holidays on The Gower Peninsula
The Gower Peninsula and Cartmarthenshire Coast are great destinations for budget beach and activity holidays. Try a spot of surfing on one of the Gower's award-winning beach bays. Top family friendly beaches include Langland Bay, Caswell Bay and Port Eynon.
Enjoy spectacular coastal walking (for free) on The Gower - the view of the Atlantic across Rhossili Bay and the walk across to Worm's Head on the edge of the Peninsula is one of the area's most spectacular walks.
The Gower Coastline stretches for over 30 miles and has around 70 bays and beaches including great sweeping bays like Oxwich. More walking trails criss-cross the interior.
Discover too the nearby Carmarthenshire Coast with a coast path easily broken up into sections. This wildlife rich coastline is a real hidden Welsh gem stretching towards Dylan Thomas Country around Laugharne.