At a Glance
- Close to attractions, beaches & moorland walks
- One property with swimming pool
About these Holiday Properties
Whitby is a superb base for a budget break to the Yorkshire Coast with beautiful beaches, fantastic historic attractions and a picturesque harbour waiting to be explored. Sykes Cottages have a wonderful range of period properties and contemporary apartments with something for couples, families and groups to choose from.
Property Information and Key Features
We are pleased to offer a wide choice of budget properties set in Whitby and in the nearby rural areas. Many enjoy access to a private garden and some have warming open fires. One even has access to a indoor swimming pool! Visit our website to view our full portfolio which includes:
- Church Cottage - a charming terraced cottage situated on one of the quaint, cobbled in streets in Whitby at the foot of the famous 199 steps. Set over four floors, plenty of period features have been retained and Tate Hills Sands can be found just a two minute walk away. Families of four people are welcome and the property does not accept pets.
- Abbey Vista - a well appointed duplex apartment with some rooms offering views over the town towards Whitby Abbey. The property has two ensuite bedrooms, off road parking and modern kitchen facilities. The apartment is ideal both for families of up to four people and two couples holidaying together. No pets.
- The Captain's Hideaway - a spacious and contemporary five storey property with rooftop terrace, lovely sitting room with roaring fire and three bedrooms. This Georgian terrace can sleep up to seven people and one well behaved dog is welcome. Guests are given access to a lockable garage for cars/ outdoor gear which is situated 250 yards away.
- Pannett Park View - a delightful two bedroom duplex apartment boasting splendid views over Pannett Park. The apartment is close to host of family attractions and benefits from free Wi-Fi service. Up to four people can be accommodated and the property does not accept pets.
- Whitby Harbour Retreat - a light and airy first floor apartment with two bedrooms and access to the communal gardens. The beach is located a fifteen minute walk away and the property looks out over Whitby harbour. Up to four guests are welcome and the property does not take pets.
- Biffins Berth - a modern, two bedroom terraced cottage set one mile from Whitby which enjoys access to a shared indoor pool and an enclosed communal garden with kid's play area. Two well behaved pets are welcome at this cottage and families of up to four people can be accommodated.
Short breaks may often be available at our holiday cottages including for last minute stays. Please visit our website for further details on individual property information.
Dogs stay free of charge in many properties but please check under your chosen cottage's 'amenities' section for details of any possible fees.
Local Information and Activities
Whitby is home to an excellent choice of attractions which you can explore for free including the beautiful harbour, Sandsend Beach, Falling Foss Tea Garden and Waterfall, and St Mary's Church - famous for the 199 steps leading to up to it and graveyard which featured in the novel, Dracula. Visitors can also visit the stunning floral displays at Pannett Park.
A small entry fee applies to visitors wishing to explore other attractions including Whitby Abbey and Whitby Museum.
Visitors can also enjoy trips on the historic North Yorkshire Moors Railway which offers an unforgettable journey through some of Yorkshire's finest scenery.