At a Glance
- Beach & watersports breaks
- Local castle trails & coastal walking
About these Holiday Cottages & Apartments
Sykes Cottages offer a stunning selection of holiday cottages and seaside apartments around the beautiful North Wales Coast. Properties include cosy cottages with woodburners just inland, ideal for exploring the coast and Snowdonia. Alternatively opt for a character holiday home only minutes from beaches. Spectacular coastal walking, ancient castles like Caernarfon and Harlech and historic seaside resorts like Victorian Llandudno are all here on the Welsh North Coast. Award-winning beaches mingle with fabulous coastal walks around the Llynn Peninsula or choose a holiday retreat on Anglesey, a top spot for romantic breaks.
Property Information and Key Features
Find your perfect holiday base with Sykes Cottages who have an extensive range of cottages and apartments stretching right around the coast from Prestatyn and Rhyl, west towards Llandudno, Conwy, Anglesey and the Llynn Peninsula,and south along the Mid Wales and Cardigan Bay coast. Properties include cosy seaside apartments only yards from beaches and character period properties with original features. Just inland pushing into Snowdonia you'll find some stunning luxury lodges, barn conversions and cottage complexes in rural surrounds yet just minutes from the coast. Visit Sykes Cottages website (link right) to view our complete collection of properties. Accommodation options include:-
- The Art Deco House (Sleeps 6), Menai Bridge near Bangor, Anglesey - a unique Art Deco holiday home with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, situated in the centre of Menai Bridge on Anglesey, just across the Telford Bridge. Many original features are retained, with living space including a main sitting room and a well equipped kitchen with a washing machine and a dining area. Patio doors lead out to a deck with woodland surrounds and LED lighting. Off road parking, bike/ kayak storage space and Freeview TV are all inclusive, and a handy slipway is just at the end of the road.
- 2 Fron Heulog (Sleeps 7), Aberdovey, Mid Wales & Cardigan Bay Coast - a Victorian terraced house tastefully modernised and with a quirky curved shape. Living space is across 3 floors and the property has 4 bedrooms plus 1 bathroom. A sunny enclosed front patio has a BBQ and facilities include WiFi, Freeview TVs and a well equipped kitchen with a dishwasher. A washing machine and tumble dryer are also available. Roadside parking is adjacent and two well trained dogs are welcome.
- The Old School House (Sleeps 6), Pwllheli, North Wales & Snowdonia - a fabulous converted school building in seaside Pwllheli. The interior is beautifully furnished and includes a first floor sitting area with a low-level window. Outside to the front a decked area has town and sea views with garden furniture. Beaches and town centre amenities are nearby and essentials including Freeview TV, WiFi, a washing machine and off road parking are all available. This family friendly property also includes a cot, highchair and stairgate.
- Coniston (Sleeps 2), Rhos-on-Sea, North Wales & Snowdonia - a charming 1930s period house divided into two apartments, situated near the centre of Rhos-on-Sea, only a 3 minute level stroll from the beach. This self-contained holiday flat includes a shared driveway, a bright sitting room and a kitchen with a dining table, a washing machine and a tumble dryer. Freeview TV and WiFi are available along with bike storage space for 2 bikes. Free on-street parking is adjacent. Adults only please - no children. The apartment is perfect for couples or two friends sharing.
- Gwylanedd Two (Sleeps 2), Llanfairfechan, North Wales & Snowdonia - one of two stylish modern duplex apartments only 40 yards from the shoreline and mouth of the Menai Straights. The apartment sits in a great location in the pretty seaside resort of Llanfairfechan. Living space is contemporary with a coastal theme. The kitchen has a washing machine and dishwasher, and facilities include Freeview TV, WiFi and DVDs. A licensed sailing club is just next door - ideal for keen sailors - and pubs and shops are a 5 minute walk. Off road parking for 1 car is onsite with free on-street parking adjacent.
- 7 Ivy Terrace (Sleeps 4), Borth-y-Gest, North Wales & Snowdonia - an elevated Victorian mid-terrace with a huge front window affording views towards Portmeirion and Snowdonia beyond. Living space is presented to a high standard with gas central heating and a gas fire, a well equipped kitchen, 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. Family facilities include a cot and highchair, and the property is just a 1 minute walk from a shop and restaurant. An attractive terraced garden is to the rear with outdoor furniture and a BBQ. Award-winning beaches are just on your doorstep.
Short breaks are usually available in cottages. Visit Sykes Cottages website for up-to-date information on availability and pricing.
Things to Do & See on the North Wales Coast
Whether you're looking for a traditional seaside holiday, spectacular coastal walking, top surfing and family friendly beaches or some of the UK's most magnificent castles, the North Wales Coast is where to head.
Stay in a cottage around the Victorian seaside resort of Llandudno and walk to the end of the Victorian pier or head off along the Edward I castle trail touring the great castles at Conwy, Harlech, Caernarfon and Beaumaris.
From bustling seaside resorts to relaxing coastal escapes like Anglesey, the North Wales coast caters for a variety of holiday experiences. Attractions in the area include mountain steam railways, championship golf courses, gardens and bustling harbours.
The Llyn Peninsula's coastline is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and there are unique coastal settlements not to be missed including the legendary Portmeirion village and Porthmadog where you can pick up the Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railway.