At a Glance
- Coast, Country & City Locations
- Family & Pet Friendly Properties
About these Holiday Cottages & Apartments
The North West of England offers a fabulous mix of holiday and short break experiences across a variety of landscapes from the great urbanscapes of Manchester and Liverpool to seaside Blackpool and the rural paradise of Cumbria and the Lake District. Sykes Cottages selection in this area of England is extensive, with a huge choice of properties catering for all budgets and tastes. Opt for a cosy cottage for two with a woodburner in the Lake District or a large farmhouse with hot tub on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales. Whether you're looking for a vibrant city break, a seaside family holiday cottage or a rural retreat, find your perfect cottage or apartment in the outstanding range of properties available with Sykes Cottages.
Property Information and Key Features
The North West of England encompasses a variety of coast, country and city locations and Sykes offer an extensive choice of properties across the region. Choose from character spacious farmhouses with hot tubs and private grounds or opt for a countryside bungalow within easy reach of the bright lights of Blackpool. A stunning choice of rural cottages are scattered across Cumbria and the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales and the Forest of Bowland. To view our complete portfolio of properties in the North West of England visit our website (link right).
- Ramblers Roost (Sleeps 2), Grasmere near Ambleside, Cumbria - a cosy ground floor apartment, one of a selection of properties in a former gentleman's residence, just 1 mile from Grasmere. The property sits on the slopes of Rydal Fell and includes access to extensive grounds overlooking Grasmere Lake. Spectacular walks are direct from your door and the apartment has open plan living space with a kitchen, sitting and dining area. Freeview TV, WiFi and off road parking are all included. One well trained dog is welcome in the porch area only.
- Damson Cottage (Sleeps 4), Stalmine near Poulton-le-Fylde, Cumbria - a beautifully appointed detached bungalow with a hot tub, only 6 miles from Poulton-le-Fylde and within easy reach of Blackpool (the beach is 3 miles away). All ground floor accommodation includes an open plan sitting, kitchen and dining area. An enclosed decked garden is to the front with a hot tub and outdoor furniture. A handy farm shop is also just opposite, and facilities include WiFi, a Blu-ray DVD, a cot and highchair, and Freeview TVs.
- Chapel House (Sleeps 12), Cowling near Skipton, Yorkshire Dales - a spacious detached stone cottage in the pretty village of Cowling, only 8 miles from Skipton and Bronte village Haworth. Living space is across two floors and includes 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (2 are luxury ensuites) and a large downstairs sitting room with a woodburner. A village pub and bistro restaurant are only a 5 minute walk away. A fully fitted kitchen includes 2 fridge/freezers, a washer, tumble dryer and a dishwasher. The cottage has 2 TVs with a basic Sky package, WiFi, an iPod dock and a soundbar. A spacious front lawned garden with a deck, BBQ and furniture is also available along with off road parking for 5 cars.
- Southport Coach House (Sleeps 5) - a character former coaching house in seaside Southport dating from 1890, immaculately restored with an upstairs living space featuring a comfy lounge area and a pool table. Original features are retained and the kitchen is fully fitted with an integrated dining area. WiFi, a Nintendo Wii, Freeview TVs, a cot and highchair, off road parking and a private lawned garden with a BBQ and outdoor furniture are all included. Note - the property has a stunning feature spiral staircase up to the first floor.
- Cherry Tree Cottage (Sleeps 2), Soulby near Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria - a semi-detached stone-built cottage only 1 mile from Soulby village and 3 miles from Kirkby Stephen. Set within farmland and rolling pastures, this character wing of the original farmhouse has an enclosed courtyard, a cosy bedroom and all accommodation on the ground floor. A perfect retreat for two, close to the Settle-Carlisle Railway. One well trained dog is welcome.
- Woodfield Farm (Sleeps 16), Clayton-le-Dale near Ribchester, Cumbria - a spacious 7 bedroom, 4 storey house with a hot tub, just 2 miles from Ribchester. Unique accommodation is perfect for large family groups or friends sharing, set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with Sky TV, a games room and WiFi included. Facilities include beautiful landscaped lawned gardens, access to a large paddock with goal posts, tennis courts with rackets and balls supplied and a spacious outdoor terrace with built in seating and a fire pit. The hot tub is housed in a wooden building. No pets please. Note there is an unfenced pond 100m from the property around which children will need supervising.
Short breaks are usually available in cottages. Visit our website for up-to-date information on availability and pricing for each property.
Around and About
Book a holiday cottage in the North West of England and have easy access to spectacular rural landscapes, fun packed seaside holidays and some of Britain's most famous city breaks.
Pick a cottage in the beautiful Lake District close to the shores of Lake Windermere and enjoy a range of outdoor activities including walking, cycling, watersports and horse riding. Beautiful farmhouse and coach house conversions are available in the North West in a variety of locations including on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales and in the Victorian seaside resort of Southport.
You're never far away from the bright city lights in the North West with both Liverpool and Manchester offering a fabulous selection of museums and galleries, world famous football stadiums and unbeatable shopping, dining and nightlife experiences.
Take a tour of historic Lancaster or visit lesser know rural corners of the region such as the beautiful Forest of Bowland and the Ribble Valley. Great city breaks, best outdoor playgrounds, top seaside resorts and ancient heritage sites are all here in the North West just waiting to be discovered. Book your Sykes Cottage online now.