At a Glance
- Coast & Country locations
About these Holiday Cottages
Escape to beautiful Pembrokeshire in the far South West of Wales and discover award-winning sandy beach bays popular for a variety of watersports, and spectacular inland countryside packed with great walking trails and prehistoric sites. Stay in a holiday cottage and choose from an extensive collection of Sykes cottages across the Pembrokeshire coast and countryside.
The UK's only coastal National Park is here in Pembrokeshire and much of the coastline is owned by the National Trust. The coast path offers 186 miles of stunning coastal walking, and beaches like Whitesands Bay and Freshwater West are top spots for surfing. Inland in the North are the magical Preseli Hills, a landscape of wild moorland, heath and grassland and a haven for walkers. Activities and adventures range from coasteering and diving to great windsurfing around Haverfordwest, golf and horse riding.
Property Information and Key Features
Sykes Cottages offer a huge choice of properties catering for families, couples, walkers and visitors holidaying with pets. The variety of cottages include traditional cottage conversions with cosy woodburners, spacious beach holiday homes, log cabins, luxury townhouses and cottages within complexes which share facilities such as swimming pools, fishing lakes and woodland walks. Visit our website (link right) to view our complete range of cottages which include the following properties:-
- Old Tether Barn, Crymych near Cardigan (Sleeps 2) - a character detached dairy conversion perfect for couples, located just inland close to the village of Crymych at the foothills of Foel Drygarn Iron Age hill fort. Brimming with charm, this cosy cottage for two has an open plan living room with a woodburner and apex beams. One step leads up to the king-size bedroom, and facilities include a washer, dryer, a dishwasher, Freeview TV and secure bike storage. Ample parking, a front lawned garden and a side patio with a BBQ and furniture are all included.
- Stable Cottage, Haverfordwest (Sleeps 4) - situated within a working dairy farm just 4 miles from Haverfordwest, this rural cottage is surrounded by countryside and is family friendly with two lovely bedrooms, a cot and highchair available. Living space features open beams and the kitchen includes a washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, fridge and an electric oven and hob. Guests share access to a pretty lawned garden with outdoor furniture, a gazebo and benches. Freeview TV and WiFi are inclusive, with off road parking available for 2 cars.
- Puffin Cottage, Llanboidy (Sleeps 6) - one of a selection of stone cottages around a quadrangle, only 6 miles from St Clears and set within 40 acres of wooded grounds featuring a private fishing lake. A heated swimming pool is also available from May to September. The cottage has wonderful views towards the Preseli Mountains and is within easy reach of sandy beaches. Living space is mostly on the ground floor. The property has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a well equipped kitchen with a washing machine and dishwasher. WiFi, a cot, highchair and a private patio with a picnic table and portable BBQs are all available. Two well trained dogs are welcome and woodland walks are onsite.
- The Old Stable, Wolfscastle near Haverfordwest (Sleeps 2) - a cosy cottage retreat in a peaceful courtyard, only 2 miles from Wolfscastle. Original features retained include open beams and stone walling, and this cute cottage has a private furnished patio and shared use of a lawned area with a BBQ, swings, picnic tables and garden games. The property is perfect for year round romantic breaks and is semi-detached with all ground floor accommodation, a woodburner, a fitted kitchen, Freeview TV, a cot and a highchair.
- Gwynlanod, Goodwick near Fishguard (Sleeps 6) - a spacious modern holiday home which in the past has won an architectural award. Furnished to a high standard throughout with sea and hill views from the sitting room and balcony. The property has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a fully fitted kitchen with a washer/ dryer and dishwasher.
- Canina, Amroth near Saundersfoot (Sleeps 8) - situated close to the villages of Amroth and Wisemans Bridge, this charming cottage is just to the north of beaches around Saundersfoot (3 miles) and Tenby. A great choice for families with a cot and highchair available, this spacious cottage also welcomes 4 well trained dogs and has a large lawned enclosed garden with patio. A well equipped kitchen includes a washing machine. Freeview TV, WiFi and off road parking are all inclusive.
- Four-Acres, Bethesda near Narberth (Sleeps 10) - this spacious L shaped barn is just 3 miles from Narberth and ideal for large family groups or friends sharing. Cosy underfloor heating is available with individual thermostats in each room and there are two ground floor bedrooms, one with access out to a private patio. Great features include a woodburner and slate flooring in the sitting and dining rooms. Off road parking for 4 cars is onsite and guests have shared access to a lawned garden and a 3 acre paddock with firepits, BBQs and outdoor furniture.
Short breaks are often available in properties. Visit our website for up-to-date information on availability and pricing.
Local Information & Activities
Pembrokeshire is a coast and country paradise. The coastline is famed for its fabulous beaches perfect for surfing, coasteering and diving. Inland discover ancient Iron Age Forts and spectacular walking territory around the Preseli Mountains.
Visit the historic walled town of Pembroke and take a tour of the spectacular castle, birthplace of Henry VII.
On the far tip of the region sits St Davids with an ancient cathedral or hop aboard a dolphin watching boat trip from the Pembrokeshire North Coast.
Popular resorts on the South Coast include beautiful Tenby with its award-winning beaches and Georgian harbour. Explore off shore islands like Caldey Island rich in wildlife, and you'll find a great choice of family friendly theme parks, farm parks and other attractions around Tenby and Saundersfoot.