At a Glance
- Top coastal dog walking area
- Dog friendly beaches nearby
About these Pet Friendly Holiday Cottages
Sunny seaside Weymouth on the Dorset Coast is a popular year round destination for holidays and short breaks on the Jurassic Coast. Browse a premier selection of pet friendly properties in the Weymouth and Dorset area presented by Sykes Cottages. The Dorset Coast and Countryside is a top spot for active 'Rovers' with walking territory including a Heritage Coast and an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Many beaches along the Dorset coast welcome dogs all year round, and a restricted area on Weymouth's main beach is dog friendly all year round. You're spoilt for choice on great days out with dogs in Weymouth and Dorset. Head off along the Jurassic Coast or treat your pooch to a day's walking in Durlston Country Park. There are lots of pet friendly walks just to the east of Weymouth around Durdle Door and White Northe, and the National Trust owned Studland coastline is packed with dog friendly beaches!
Property Information and Key Features
Choose from a fabulous range of properties carefully selected by Sykes Cottages. Whether you're looking for a modern terraced holiday home with a great garden or a single storey seaside bungalow, you'll find it amongst our collection of properties situated in Weymouth and the wider Dorset area. Visit our website (link right) for full details on all our properties in this area. Places to stay include:
- Sunny Gardens, Weymouth (Sleeps 6) - a single storey chalet bungalow in a peaceful residential area on the edge of Weymouth with a conservatory and a large sunny garden with a furnished patio area. Living space is furnished to a high standard with facilities including a washing machine, microwave, an electric oven and hob. Two TVs (one has Freeview) are available and off road parking for 2 cars is onsite. This pet friendly bungalow also has a spacious lawned garden with a patio to the rear. One well trained dog is welcome.
- Acacia House, Weymouth (Sleeps 6) - an attractive semi-detached Victorian house set in a pretty residential area just a short distance from Weymouth beach and harbour. Dorset's Jurassic Coast is just on your doorstep. Great for families with a highchair and cot available, Acacia House includes WiFi and a well equipped kitchen with a washing machine. An enclosed garden with mature planting and a summerhouse is a perfect spot to relax. Amenities include gas central heating, Freeview TV and off road parking for 2 cars, and you're only a 10 minute stroll from the nearest pub and shop. Two well trained dogs are welcome.
- Apple Tree Cottage, Shillingstone near Sturminster Newton (Sleeps 4) - a charming terraced flint cottage dating from 1730, hidden away down a country lane with an open fire, a fitted kitchen with a dishwasher and all modern amenities including WiFi, Freeview TV and an iPod dock. An enclosed patio with a BBQ and outdoor furniture is available and roadside parking is adjacent. One well trained dog is welcome (downstairs only) in this property.
- Brockhampton Gate, Brockhampton near Sherborne (Sleeps 10) - perfect for large family groups or 2 families sharing, this spacious holiday home sits in the West Dorset Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in a pretty hamlet. The property is detached and dates from the 19th century. A cot and highchair are available and a cosy open fire is in the sitting room. Appliances in the kitchen include a dishwasher and a washing machine. The cottage has a half acre garden and your dog will adore exploring the many local footpaths in the AONB. One well trained dog is welcome. No stag and hen parties please. Parking is onsite for 3 cars.
- Tree Tops, Wakeham near Portland, Dorset (Sleeps 6) - a former quarryman's stone cottage packed with quirky features. Living space is across 3 floors, and a feature glazed garden room with grape vine is on the ground floor! The kitchen and dining room both have cosy woodburners, and two narrow staircases lead up to first floor bedrooms and the bathroom - windows from this floor look through a wooded glade towards the sea, and the best views are from the master bedroom. An enclosed furnished patio courtyard, gas central heating, a washing machine, tumble dryer and an electric range double oven are all included. One well behaved dog is welcome.
- Bramshurst, Upwey near Weymouth (Sleeps 4) - 1 of 5 architect-designed cottages in a beautiful rural spot within the valley of the River Wey on the outskirts of Upwey village. Weymouth is only 3.5 miles away. Amenities include a private furnished patio and shared raised lawned areas, cosy gas central heating, off road parking for 1 car and a kitchen with an electric oven and hob, microwave, washer/ dryer and dishwasher. This property has 3 Smart TVS with Freeview and WiFi is included. One well trained dog is welcome and a shop/ pub are only a 10 minute walk away. The property is ideally situated for coast and country walking holidays with your dog.
Short breaks are often available in cottages including for last minute bookings. Visit our website for up-to-date information on availability and pricing for each individual cottage.
Around and About
Weymouth and Dorset are a fantastic destination for holidays with dogs. The Jurassic Coast regularly features in Top 10s for best places to holiday with dogs in the UK. Spectacular coast and country walking opportunities are numerous, and you'll find many dog friendly beaches along Dorset's Jurassic Coast.