At a Glance
- Perfect for walking/ cycling holidays
- Great choice of properties for beach breaks
About these Holiday Cottages
A haven for families and outdoor enthusiasts, the Isle of Wight is one of the UK's top destinations for fun-filled breaks and is situated just a short hop from ferry ports in Southampton, Lymington and Portsmouth. Whether you are visiting the Island's beautiful beaches, attending one of the fabulous festivals or exploring the area's scenic walking or cycling routes, Sykes Cottages are sure to have a holiday property that's perfect for your stay.
Property Information and Key Features
Browse a selection of stunning Sykes Cottages situated in picturesque locations across the Island. Pet friendly cottages are widely available, and some offer access to onsite leisure facilities such as an indoor pool. Cottages come in a range of styles including modern fully equipped holiday homes and traditional historic cottages retaining many original features. Visit our website to view our complete selection of cottages which includes the following accommodation options:-
- Cosie - a contemporary two bedroom town house in Shanklin set just a short walk from the glorious beach. The property includes a spacious lounge/ diner with doors leading out into the garden, a fully fitted kitchen and roadside parking. One dog is welcome by arrangement but must be kept downstairs. Families of up to five people can be accommodated.
- West Bay - a beautifully presented three bedroom house near Yarmouth which boasts access to excellent leisure facilities such as an indoor pool, gym and range of 60 fitness classes. Guests can also enjoy treatments at the onsite spa and other activities such as scuba diving can be arranged. The site is pet free and this cottage can sleep up to five people.
- Seaview House - guests can enjoy fabulous sea views from the terrace, living area and even the roll top bath when staying at this delightful Victorian town house. There are four bedrooms and this Ventnor property can sleep up to eight people. Please note that pets are not accepted.
- The Deck House - a stylish riverside property near Newport offering fabulous marina views and a furnished balcony. Guests can relax in the spacious lounge with Smart TV and the holiday home has other great facilities such as two bath/ shower rooms and parking for two cars. Children over 12 years old area accepted but the property does not take pets. Sleeps six people.
- Salterns 2 - a delightful single storey holiday cottage near Ryde peacefully situated adjacent to Hersey Nature Reserve. The local beach can be found just three minutes away and onsite amenities include a cafe, licensed bar and takeaway. Two well behaved pets are welcome and the property can sleep up to four people.
- Chapel House - an outstanding and glorious church conversion in Chale just west of Ventnor. Plenty of beautiful original features have been retained and the cottage has a central hub with fabulous double height ceiling. There are seating areas accessed via a glass staircase and other key features include three bedrooms and a enclosed lawn. Up to six people can be accommodated including children over six years old.
Short breaks are often available in cottages including for last minute breaks. Please visit our website for up-to-date information on availability and pricing for all properties.
Local Information and Events
- The Island's compact size makes it ideal for walking and cycling breaks with hundreds of miles of coastal and inland walks to experience.
- Along the 57 mile coastline, visitors will also find a fantastic array of beaches with some of the best to be found at Shanklin, Sandown and Ventnor. The world famous coloured sands of Needles Rocks are located in the north west of the island and fossil finding can be enjoyed at Yaverland near Sandown and Compton Bay near Freshwater.
- Great family days out include the Isle of Wight Zoo in Sandown, Monkey Haven in Newport, Godshill Model Village, Shanklin Theatre, Mottistone Gardens in Brighstone and Tapnell Farm Park in Yarmouth.
- Take a historical days out to Osborne House in Cowes, St Catherine's Lighthouse in Nilton, Quarr Abbey in Ryde and Carisbrooke Castle.
- Enjoy a regular program of events including Cowes Week, the Isle of Wight music festival, Bestival and the Halloween themed 'The Isle of Fright' Festival.