At a Glance
- Beaches & watersports nearby
- Local walking, golf & cycling
About these Holiday Cottages
Sykes Cottages offer a selection of cottages on and around The Gower Peninsula, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty just to the west of Swansea. The Gower is a great escape for outdoor enthusiasts featuring top surfing beaches and scenic walking from east to west via the 35 mile Gower Way. Much of the Peninsula's coastline is owned by the National Trust and features great family friendly beaches such as Caswell Bay and Port Eynon. Other activities in the area include golf, horse riding and a range of water sports.
Property Information and Key Features
Browse our superb range of cottage escapes on The Gower. Properties cater for a range of tastes and budgets, with spacious semi-detached holiday homes available alongside cosy cottages for two. Choose a quirky vintage cottage brimming with character features or opt for a spacious modern holiday home ideal for family groups and close to beaches. See our full cottage selection on The Gower on our website link right. Our portfolio of cottages includes:-
- Gwendre Fechan Cottage (Sleeps 2) - a character cottage surrounded by open countryside with a spacious entrance porch featuring a dartboard. Living space is open plan with a cosy woodburning stove and the cottage has a furnished patio to the front. Off road parking, WiFi and digital TV are all included.
- 28 Pennard Drive (Sleeps 5) - a spacious 3 bedroom holiday home in a peaceful residential area in the Southgate area, only 1 mile from beautiful Three Cliffs Bay. An enclosed garden is to the rear, ideal for children's play, and the property includes a well equipped kitchen with a washing machine and WiFi internet access.
- Corner Cottage (Sleeps 6) - a pretty semi-detached cottage brimming with character, situated on the edge of the green in the Gower village of Reynoldston. Living space includes a sunny conservatory to the side and a great kitchen with a range cooker. This property is perfect for families with a cot and highchair plus a kitchen with a washing machine and dishwasher. An enclosed courtyard is to the side and two well trained dogs are welcome.
- The Stall (Sleeps 4) - one of two pretty cottages in the Llanmorlais area ideal for exploring the Gower, and only 7 miles from Swansea. This single storey barn conversion has light and airy open plan living space and a large patio area to the front with rural views. A cosier furnished seating area is also available at the rear of the property. All modern conveniences include Freeview TV, a fully fitted kitchen with a washer/dryer and off road parking for 2 cars. This cottage is also pet friendly - two well trained dogs are welcome.
- Rosedale (Sleeps 6) - a unique detached cottage gem dating from the 1920s, situated just behind the sand dunes of Three Cliffs Bay and within easy reach of Parkmill village. Quirky character features are extensive and this fabulous property has a great kitchen with a large fireplace and a small pot belly woodburner. WiFi, a TV with Freeview and a Blu-ray DVD are all included. Off road parking for 1 car is onsite.
- Bryndias House (Sleeps 8) - a spacious family friendly cottage, one of two cottages, just 2 miles from the village of Pembrey with a cosy woodburner and character beams, stone walls and high ceilings. Living space is across 3 floors and features 5 bedrooms, a fully fitted kitchen, a sunny conservatory, snug and a ground floor bathroom. A cot, highchair and stairgate are all available and this property has off road parking for 5 cars and a front lawned garden with a furnished patio.
Short breaks are often available in cottages including for last minute breaks. Please visit our website for up-to-date information on availability and pricing for all properties.
The Gower Peninsula is a spectacular Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with sweeping beach bays offering a wealth of watersports including surfing.
The Peninsula is a top spot for walking featuring the Gower Way 35 mile trail crossing the area from east to west. Other activities widely available including cycling, horse riding, golf and climbing. Explore the local Vale of Neath area known as 'Waterfall Country', and don't miss the spectacular views from Three Cliffs Bay.
Great family beaches include Langland Bay, Port Eynon and Caswell Bay, and there are numerous castles, caves and shipwrecks in the area just waiting to be discovered.