At a Glance
- Pets stay free in many properties
- Ideal for both coast & country walks
About these Holiday Cottages
Bournemouth is the perfect base for a dog friendly holiday to Dorset with miles of wonderful sandy coastline and superb floral gardens to explore. Sykes Cottages offers a great range of pet friendly properties ideal for both holidays and short breaks with something to suit couples, families and leisure groups all available. Visitors will also find a beautiful choice of parks and gardens in the surrounding area which offer a calm and tranquil backdrop for a fun day out with your dog.
Property Information and Key Features
Our excellent choice of accommodation can be found both in Bournemouth and in the surrounding country and coastal areas. Many provide great facilities ideal for pet owners such as enclosed gardens where your dog can burn off some energy and some also have wood burner stoves which are perfect for curling up in front of after a long day at the beach. Visit our website to view our full selection and our portfolio includes:
- Explorer House - a spacious and modern three bedroom semi detached property situated close to both Bournemouth and Poole. The property is ideal for pet owners and has a large enclosed decked patio. Two well behaved dogs are welcome by arrangement. Sleeps six.
- Steamer Point Lodge - a unique residence situated on a clifftop nature reserve above Highcliffe and Friars Cliff beaches on the Dorset coast. The property boasts fabulous sea-views and a gate in the garden offers access to a flight of steps down to the all year round dog friendly beach. The lodge has two bedrooms and two well behaved dogs are welcome by arrangement although they must be kept on a lead whilst in the nature reserve. Sleeps four.
- The Chalet - a fine detached three bedroom residence offering superb access to two miles of designated walking trails on the neighbouring heathland. There is also a wood burner stove and an enclosed lawn garden. Two well behaved dogs are welcome but must be kept on the ground floor. Sleeps six.
- The Rowans - a charming three bedroom property set on a picturesque country park with easy access to fine country walks. The park has great facilities such as kid's play park and a cafe, and the cottage has its own enclosed garden. Two well behaved dogs are welcome. Sleeps up to six adults and two children.
Short breaks may often be available at our holiday cottages including for last minute stays. Please visit our website for further details on individual property information.
Dogs stay free of charge in many properties but please check under your chosen cottage's 'amenities' section for details of any possible fees.
Local Information for Dog Owners
- The promenade and seafront at Bournemouth is ideal for walks with your dog but please note that pets must be kept on a lead from 1st May to 30th September. There are however certain sections of the beach where they can run free during this time - please see local signage for further details.
- Bournemouth has 2000 acres of glorious gardens and parks including a 1.5 mile walk from the seafront which leads to the Lower Gardens and beyond.
- A land train from Bournemouth Pier can take you to Boscombe Chine Gardens and the nearby Italianate Gardens.
- Our properties are also ideal for exploring the beautiful coastline and beaches around Poole and Christchurch.
- Wonderful rural walks can be also be found in the nearby New Forest National Park.
- Guests can also visit Moors Valley Country Park near Ringwood, a 1000 acre country park and forest walking & cycling trails, authentic narrow-gauge steam railway and Forest Segways.