At a Glance
- Great for outdoor activity breaks
- Pets stay free in many properties
About these Holiday Properties
Home to some of the country's finest mountain walks, forest trails and sandy beaches, Snowdonia National Park is ideal for budget breaks and Sykes Cottages have a superb range of properties ideal for your stay. Whether you are planning on exploring the Park by bike, on foot or even by boat, we are sure to have the perfect cottage in your chosen location.
Families looking for a relaxing budget break are also well catered for and we also have a characterful range of cosy period retreats ideal for couples on a romantic weekend-away.
Property Information and Key Features
We offer a wide choice of budget holiday cottages and apartments which are situated in beautiful locations all across the National Park. Visit our website to view our full selection and our portfolio includes:
- Cwm Llan - a wonderful four bedroom stone retreat near Bala ideal for memorable family or group breaks. The cottage has a lovely garden, private hot tub and a warming wood burner stove in the sitting room. There is also a games room and outdoor activities such as go karting and quad biking can be enjoyed closeby. The property can sleep up to six people.
- Y Bwthyn - a charming two bedroom holiday cottage set on a 500 acre working farm close to both Harlech and Porthmadog. Bike storage facilities are available and other amenities include a wood burner stove. Three well behaved dogs are welcome and the cottage can sleep up to four people.
- Stiniog Lodge - a contemporary five bedroom property set one mile from Blaenau Ffestiniog close to the Llechwedd Slate Caverns and superb mountain biking trails. Key features include plenty of outdoor space, a wood burner stove and facilities for storing outdoor gear. The property can sleep up to twelve people and two dogs are welcome by arrangement.
- Pen y Bont - a delightful Grade II listed 19th century cottage in Beddgelert with three bedrooms, wood burner stoves and lovely garden. Guests will find excellent opportunities for mountain biking and walking closeby including the Watkin Path to Mount Snowdon. The cottage can sleep up to four people and please note pets are not accepted.
- The Mill House - a characterful former 16th century watermill in the Vale of Eden close to Bala. The cottage sits with three other properties in two acres of beautiful water gardens which border the River Dee. Salmon and trout fishing can be enjoyed locally along with plenty of water-sports such as whitewater rafting. The cottage can sleep up to eight people and two well behaved dogs are welcome.
Short breaks may often be available at our holiday cottages including for last minute stays. Please visit our website for further details on individual property information.
Dogs stay free of charge in many properties but please check under your chosen cottage's 'amenities' section for details of any possible fees.
Local Information and Activities
- Mount Snowdon - explore the beautiful mountain scenery with a choice of six walking routes available or take the the famous Snowdon Mountain Railway to the top.
- Cader Idris - close to Dolgellau in the south of the National Park, this mountain offers some of the most popular walking routes in Wales with three main trails to choose from.
- Harlech Beach - Snowdonia isn't just home to some of the country's finest mountain scenery, the National Park has a simply stunning coastline too. Miles of white sand can be found at Harlech Beach which is overlooked by the mighty Harlech Castle, a World Heritage Site. An admission fee applies.
- Bala - located in the west of the National Park, this beautiful 3.7 mile long lake is haven for walkers, cyclists and water sports enthusiasts. Bikes and other outdoor equipment can be hired at the lake.
- National Slate Museum - learn all about one of the country's most famous exports and view one of the largest working waterwheels in mainland Britain. Free entry!
- Gwydir Forest - situated close to Betws y Coed in the north east of the National Park, this beautiful forest is home to a wide range of cycle paths, scenic walks, nature watching opportunities and numerous peaceful lakes.
- Zip World - situated at three locations in the north west of the National Park, visitors can enjoy whizzing along the longest zip wire in Europe, visit Bounce Below (an underground adventure play park for both adults and children!), Plummet - a 100 foot tower drop and enjoy a ride on the Fforest Coaster, a thrilling new toboggan ride new for 2017.