At a Glance
About this Holiday Cottage
Spectacularly situated Yenworthy Mill near Countisbury is part of Yenworthy Farm and nestles on the northern slopes of Exmoor's Doone Country midway between Porlock and Lynmouth. The farmhouse famously featured in the novel Lorna Doone and the gun used to repel The Doones still hangs in the cottage today! Yenworthy Mill has all modern comforts including WiFi, a newly fitted kitchen, digital TV and an iPod dock. An attractive raised garden with a BBQ and outdoor furniture is the perfect spot to relax and ample parking for 3 cars is onsite.
This beautifully converted barn is only a few hundred yards from the coast and has views across to the Bristol Channel. Family friendly and perfect for walkers with 13 miles of footpaths just waiting to be explored within the farm itself, the property has direct access to one of the most scenic stretches of the South West Coast Path. The nearest sandy beach is Lee Abbey (5 miles) and a selection of local shops, restaurants, inns and amenities are in Lynmouth and Porlock both 6 miles away.
- The entrance leads into a storage area for coats, walking boots and wellingtons.
- A very spacious room has a newly fitted kitchen with a dining table seating 10 at one end.
- The kitchen is newly fitted with a large fridge/ freezer, a washing machine, dryer, a dishwasher, a microwave and an oven with hob. Cutlery, utensils, crockery, glasses, a toaster, kettle, cookware and all essential accessories are included.
- At the other end of the large room is a double height sitting area containing a cosy woodburner and two comfy sofas.
- A living room has Freeview TV, a Blu-ray/DVD player, a CD player and an iPod dock.
- A washing machine and dryer are in a walk in cupboard.
- Steps lead into a delightful gallery room from the living room.
- The gallery room has 3 sofas and a large TV.
- Three steps lead up from the living room to a corridor with a downstairs wc, a double bedroom with an ensuite shower room and a twin bedroom.
- Stairs lead up to the first floor and a family bathroom, twin bedroom and a spacious double bedroom with an extra set of bunk beds and a cot.
An attractive raised lawned garden with mature shrubs and a patio area are outside with a BBQ available. The picnic bench provided is a great spot to sit and relax admiring the views of the Bristol Channel.
The property is accessed via a private drive shared with the farm and two other cottages.
Off road parking for 3 cars is adjacent.
Other Things to Note
- Up to 3 dogs are welcome for an extra fee of £25. The property is on a working farm with livestock so dogs must be supervised at all times and not be left unattended in the property.
- Accommodation is non-smoking throughout.
- A cot and high chair are both supplied.
- All bed linen, blankets, duvets and towels are included.
- Electric and heating costs are also included in booking price.
- Central heating is supplied by a biomass system keeping the property lovely and warm during cooler months.
- We provide a basket of logs, some kindling and matches for the woodburner.
- Starter essentials including salt, pepper, a selection of herbs, spices and oil, cleaning materials and 1 or 2 toilet rolls are provided.
Changeover day is a Friday. Arrival is from 4pm and departure by 10am. Short breaks may be available - search availability and book online.
Around and About
- Porlock and Lynmouth are around 6 miles away.
- Lee Abbey Beach (5 miles).
- The surfing beaches of Woolacombe, Saunton and Croyde are within easy driving distance.
- There is direct access to the South West Coast Path from the cottage.
- Numerous footpaths and walks into Exmoor are direct from your door.