At a Glance
About this Holiday Cottage
A hideaway cottage in Snowdonia's Rhinog Mountains, Nantcol is a spacious cottage retreat near Harlech ideal for coast and country touring. This three bedroom granite Welsh long-house is pet friendly and sleeps 7 guests with ease. The location is stunning with no interruptions from mobile and internet connections, and limited lighting making views of the night sky spectacular. A real getaway from it all, Nantcol is available for short breaks all year round and includes a fully fitted kitchen, cosy open fires, exposed beams and ample parking perfect for large family groups.
- Sitting room, a great spot for relaxing with friends and family featuring exposed beams, open fires at each end, a TV for watching DVDs, a smart music centre and DVDs. Please note there is no TV reception.
- Fully fitted farmhouse kitchen containing an AGA, a microwave, a washer/ dryer, a fridge/ freezer, an electric stove and a large dining table seating from 8 to 10.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Three upstairs bedrooms.
- One triple bedroom with 3 single beds and a cot - this bedroom is known as the hayloft and is accessed via the second double bedroom.
- An outside staircase also leads up to the hayloft.
- Bedroom 3 is a twin with 2 single beds located across the landing.
- Main bathroom located upstairs with a bath, wc, wash basin and 2 heated towel rails.
- Downstairs wc outside the back kitchen door.
- Enclosed garden surrounded by pretty stone walling, covering around 1/2 an acre. Open countryside and mountains are beyond.
- Ample parking is just to the side of the property.
Other Things to Note
- Heating is mostly from the cosy open coal fires - guests will need to manage them during their visit.
- Electric radiators are also available.
- Please note - electric is paid for separately with a meter reading taken at the beginning and end of your stay.
Short breaks are available all year except during high season. The property is closed during January and February. Changeover day for weekly bookings is usually a Saturday.
Dogs are welcome for a small additional charge of £20 per dog.
Around and About
- Choose from a range of local activities including cycling, hiking and bird watching.
- The Nantcol Valley is famed for its walks, waterfalls and nature trails.
- Visit nearby Harlech Castle on the Coast.
- Attractions within easy reach include the harbour town of Barmouth, Portmeirion village, the Rhinog Mountains, the Ffestiniog Railway and a selection of activity centres.