At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Pets welcome downstairs
- Large grassed rear garden
- Village amenities - 1 minute walk
- Cleveland Way nearby
- Free WiFi
About Broom House
Spacious and beautifully appointed Broom House is a charming 18th century stone cottage in the coastal valley of Sandsend, only 2 miles north of Whitby. Accommodating 2 to 6 guests and overlooking a pretty stream in the Valley, the cottage is peacefully situated yet just a short stroll from the village shop, cafes and a small selection of craft shops, inns and restaurants. The Cleveland Way, stunning cliff top walks and strolls through the ancient woodland of the Mulgrave Estate are all on your doorstep and Sandsend is the perfect gateway into the North York Moors National Park. Call direct for more information or to book on 07751 787007.
- Cosy sitting room with Freesat TV, a DVD player, free WiFi internet access, an open fire and a collection of games, DVD films and books which guests are welcome to use.
- Fully fitted open plan kitchen and dining area with a dishwasher, fridge freezer, gas cooker, electric kettle, microwave and a toaster. A separate pantry area contains an extra fridge and a washing machine.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Three bedrooms - 2 twins and 1 master double bedroom.
- Two bathrooms - Upstairs bathroom with a bath, separate shower and wc. Downstairs bathroom with a shower and wc, ideal for cleaning off sand on return from the beach.
- Rear outdoor wc with a large sink and a tumble dryer.
- Large grassed garden to the rear accessible via steps. The rear garden gets the sun all day and has stunning sea views.
- Front terrace garden area with outdoor furniture.
Other Things to Note
- Well trained dogs are welcome downstairs only.
- Free WiFi internet access is included.
- Access to the house is via a driveway located on the south side of the Valley or a short walk from a car park situated on the north side of the Valley.
- Broom House is a historic 18th century property and therefore may not be suitable for guests using wheelchairs.
- Space for unloading cars is located within 20 metres of the cottage gate.
Changeover day is usually a Friday to Friday. Short breaks are available during low season.
Around and About
Village amenities including a well stocked village store, two first class restaurants and inns, two craft shops and an art gallery are only a one minute walk away. Pick up a regular, reliable bus service from Sandsend village centre to Whitby and Runswick Bay.
Nearby Sandsend Beach is one of the Yorkshire Coast's most beautiful beaches regularly featuring on 'Best Beach' lists. The cottage is perfect for walking holidays and short breaks situated close to magnificent cliff top walks and the Cleveland Way National Trail which encircles the edge of the North York Moors National Park.