At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Gardens & patio
- Fabulous Axe Valley views
- Within 1 mile of Axminster
- Jurassic Coast 7 miles
- Parking for 3 cars
About The Old School House
A classic Victorian cottage retaining all its traditional charm, The Old School House sits just outside Axminster and was once the Master's house adjacent to a former parish school. Sleeping 6 guests (4 adults and 2 children) with ease in 3 bedrooms, this stunning property has beautiful large private gardens with views across to the Axe Valley and a four poster bedroom and a bunk bedroom making it perfect for family groups. The Dorset and Devon Jurassic coast is only 7 miles away and all modern facilities include digital Freeview TV and a fully fitted kitchen.
The Old School House has tasteful period furnishings and antiques throughout, including fabulous period fireplaces. Accessed from a private gated drive with onsite parking for 3 cars, living space comprises:-
- A reception hall, sitting and dining rooms, a fully fitted kitchen, cloakroom and a bathroom situated on the ground floor.
- The kitchen includes an electric oven and hob, a washing machine and a microwave. A freezer is also available.
- Lounge with stylish wooden flooring and a feature non-working fireplace., large flat-screen colour TV with Freeview channels, a DVD, stereo and ample comfy seating.
- Dining room with flag stone flooring and an open fireplace.
- The dining room and lounge both have internal window shutters adding character. Period furnishings and antiques are throughout.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Two large bedrooms including a four poster bedroom.
- Bedroom 3 accessed off the main bedroom with bunk beds perfect for younger children.
- Separate wc and large bathroom with a feature cast iron roll top bath both on the ground floor.
- Extensive private mature gardens with spectacular views of the Axe Valley, surrounding woodland and open countryside.
- Gated private drive with parking for 3 cars.
- Spacious gravelled area to the front of the cottage with cast iron patio furniture for six guests, perfect for alfresco BBQs, dining and simply relaxing and admiring rural views.
- Bed linen and towels are supplied.
- Electricity and all heating are included in booking price.
Changeover day is a Saturday.
Around and About
- The historic market town of Axminster is within a mile of the cottage, home to the famous River Cottage Canteen.
- The Jurassic Coast, beaches, fossil hunting and spectacular coastal walking along the heritage coast is only 7 miles away.