At a Glance
- 4 Berth Caravan - sleeps 4
- WiFi hotspot
- Free cots & highchairs
- Sea & wildlife views
- Picnic area & parking for 1 car
- Onsite bike hire
- Pontoon nearby
- 2 dogs welcome
- Ideal for families
About Gunnera at Sunnybrae Caravan Park
One of eight fully equipped holiday caravans, Gunnera at Sunnybrae Caravan Park on the Isle of Luing is only 16 miles south of Oban. We are a friendly family run business on Scotland's magical West Coast along the shoreline of Cuan Sound with spectacular sea views. The area is rich in wildlife - you'll occasionally spot dolphins, porpoises and otters! Onsite facilities include a small pontoon and mooring space for your boat and each caravan has its own private picnic area and parking for one car.
We're also in a WiFi hotspot, with internet access available in the onsite shared Bothy along with a washer, tumble dryer, books, DVDs, BBQs/ charcoal and crab lines. Our small freezer is packed with great ready-made meals made from locally sourced meats and organic foods. Just ask if you would like us to arrange delivery of fresh from the local catch crabs, scallops, lobsters or prawns from Luing fisherman.
All 8 of our holiday homes are fully equipped with double glazing and painted green, blending perfectly with their surroundings.
Gunnera - Caravan 2 is a four berth (28'x 10') fully double glazed caravan sleeping 4 guests. This caravan is perfect for families with younger children and is 15 metres from the waterfront with amazing views towards the Cuan Sound. It's ideally close to the pontoon so you can keep an eye on your boat and has a grassy area to the front for children's play and a private picnic area.
- A well equipped kitchen with a full size gas cooker with four rings, a grill and oven, a microwave, an under-counter fridge with small freezer compartment, an electric kettle, toaster and all essential kitchen accessories. Environmentally friendly cleaning products, tea towels, a compost bin and oven gloves are also provided.
- Lounge and dining area with cosy gas fire, comfy seating, a flat-screen colour TV with FreeSat satellite channels and a built-in DVD.
- Two heated bedrooms - a double and a twin with ample storage space, bed linen, pillows and warm blankets all provided.
- Bathroom with a shower, wc, wash basin and toiletries. Please bring along your own towels.
Site Facilities/ Further Information
- Bike hire (chargeable) is available including trailers and tag alongs.
- Mooring space and pontoon.
- We're great for family holidays - travel cots and highchairs are happily provided free of charge.
- Recycling facilities are onsite - all caravans have their own small compost bin.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome - please bring along your own pet blankets, bedding and towels. A vacuum cleaner is available in each caravan helping to keep dog hairs to a minimum.
Facilities in The Bothy:-
- The Bothy is an onsite WiFi hotspot situated at the top of the site. Here you'll find DVDs, a chest freezer with locally caught seafood and ready-made meals, wildlife books and local interest books, ironing facilities, a washer and dryer (a small charge applies for powder and conditioner).
- We also have a selection of gifts - t-shirts, postcards, tea towels and more in The Bothy.
- BBQs, charcoal and tools.
- An affordable laundry service is available - we also have a washing machine, tumble dryer and ironing facilities available in The Bothy. Each caravan includes an airer and clothes pegs. An undercover drying area is also onsite.
- 30% deposit on booking.
- Late availability, low occupancy and long stay discounts.
- Up to two dogs are welcome - the first dog is £30 per booking and the second dog £20 per booking.
- Short breaks are available for a designated period during the year.
The breathtaking Isle of Luing is one of the Slate Islands (Luing, Seil and Easdale) which sit close to the West Coast of Scotland near Oban. You'll find numerous sites of historic interest and magnificent scenery on Luing. Browse information leaflets and guides available in The Bothy. Things to do and activities include:-
- Hire bikes onsite and head off to explore Luing and Seil.
- Hop aboard a boat trip from Cullipool - find details of local boat trips and Sea-fari Adventures on our website.
- Outstanding local food outlets include Puffer Inn on Easdale, the Oyster Bar at Ellenabeich (Easdale village) and Scottish CAMRA award-winners Tigh an Truish.
- A grocery shop is at Cullipool well stocked with all essentials including newspapers.
- Excellent fishing is available from the shores of Sunnybrae - the catch is mostly pollack and saithe, or arrange a mackeral fishing boat trip from Luing.
- Local watersports including sea kayaking and diving are available in the Oban area.
- Many historic buildings and castles are nearby including Camasserie Castle near Kilmartin and Dunollie Castle at Oban.
- A 9 hole golf course is on the Isle of Seil.
- We're in a prime area for wildlife watching - otters are numerous in the area, with other regular visitors including Bottlenose Dolphins, seals, deer and many species of birds.
- The Sea Life Centre, a popular family attraction, is on the other side of Oban.
Getting Here/ Location
- Sunnybrae Caravan Park is just 16 miles south of Oban (about a 35 minute drive away).
- Glasgow is about 3 hours away. (Glasgow Airport is well served by a choice of low cost flights from around the UK.
- Our 'Belnahua' ferry service - the Luing car ferry - runs six days a week from 7.30am to 6pm. Passenger ferries run until 10pm and in the summer ferries also run in the evenings.
- Visit our website to find out more about local bus and ferry services on the Isle of Luing - we're just a 3 minute ferry ride from the mainland.