At a Glance
- 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
- AA 4 Star accommodation
- Recently refurbished
- Smart TV & Bose Soundlink
- Secure bike storage & BBQ
- Off road parking
About Baker's Cottage
One of two stunning AA 4 Star cottages recently refurbished throughout, Baker's Cottage sits in the rural village of Brown Knowl at the foot of the National Trust's Bickerton Hills near the Sandstone Trail, in a designated Site of Special Scientific Interest. Chester, Manchester and Liverpool are within easy reach, and the cottages are perfectly placed for exploring Cheshire, Shropshire and North Wales.
- Beautifully presented open plan ground floor kitchen, dining and living area.
- Living room with cosy woodburning stove, stylish comfortable seating, Smart TV, Blu-Ray DVD player, Bose Soundlink Mini Bluetooth speaker and WiFi.
- Fully fitted modern kitchen with an electric fan oven, ceramic hob, fridge with ice box, toaster, microwave, kettle, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, ironing board and iron.
Bedroom / Bathroom
- Super king-size double bedroom or a twin with two single beds.
- Contemporary bathroom with a large walk-in shower, wash basin, wc, heated towel rail and shaver point.
The garden area is ideal for al fresco dining on summer evenings, with outdoor furniture and a barbecue. Secure bike storage is also available.
Other Things to Note
- Free WiFi and off-road parking.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome by prior arrangement.
- A travel cot and high chair are available on request - please bring along your own cot linen.
- Dishwasher and washing machine tablets, towels, bedding, tea, coffee, milk, logs for the wood- burner and basic cooking ingredients are all inclusive in booking price.
- The owners of the property also share various vegetables grown in the garden, and eggs from their free range hens with guests.
- Both cottages are non-smoking throughout.
- We ask for a 50% deposit to secure your booking.
- Short breaks (minimum 2 nights) are available.
- Corporate rates are also offered.
Around and About
The village of Broxton is surrounded by spectacular walking territory. The popular long distance Sandstone Trail is easily accessed direct from your door, and follows the path of Cheshire's central sandstone ridge.
A variety of superb attractions and activities sit nearby including Carden Golf Course, Outpost Paintball, the Llangollen Canal and Beeston Castle.
Chester's many attractions including Roman tours, the Cheshire Military Museum, Grosvenor Park, The Forum Studio Theatre, Chester Races and Chester Kayak hire are within easy reach.