At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 1 luxury bathroom
- Bose Home Cinema System
- Hot Tub Spa
- 55" 3D TV & sports/movie channels
- Welcome pack
- 5 Star Gold rating
About Blacksmiths Cottage with Hot Tub
A spacious luxury cottage near the North York Moors border, Blacksmiths Cottage with Hot Tub is only 3.5 miles from Thirsk and has been beautifully renovated with luxury fixtures and fittings throughout. Living space is light and contemporary, featuring cutting edge facilities such as a 55" 3D TV inclusive of sports and movie channels. With the addition of a Bose sound system you'll have that real cinema experience.
Blacksmiths Cottage is one of two luxury cottages with Hot Tubs at Horseshoe Barns, both sleeping six. Short breaks are available and the location is the perfect gateway into the North York Moors. Sutton Bank Visitor Centre is nearby, and we're also just a short drive from the Yorkshire Dales National Park and the city of York. The bustling market town of Thirsk in the heart of James Herriot Country is only 5 minutes from the cottages. You can also reach us on telephone number 07748 596 149.
- Stunning lounge with seating for up to six guests, a 55" 3D TV with sports and movie channels, a 3D Blu-ray DVD player and Bose sound system offering a real cinema style viewing experience.
- A selection of films provided including new releases, and we supply a pair of 3D glasses!
- Solid oak furnishings add to the luxury feel of living space, with a plentiful supply of cosy throws and super soft cushions for extra comfort.
- Open plan kitchen/ dining area fully fitted with a dishwasher, microwave, a washing machine and dryer, a Delonghi range style cooker, Tassimo coffee maker, hand blender, kettle, toaster, fine Denby crockery and high quality essential kitchen and cooking utensils and accessories.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Two bedrooms - 1 double and 1 twin.
- An additional memory foam sofa bed is in the lounge sleeping an extra 2 guests.
- Fabulous bathroom with white contemporary Jack & Jill wash basin, a spacious double shower with overhead and side jets, fluffy soft luxury white towels and complimentary toiletries.
- Outdoor hot tub accommodating six people, located beneath the open wooden pergola and privacy screening.
- Garden and picnic area.
- Security gate access.
- Ample onsite parking.
- Luxury Hot Tub Spa
- Beautiful quality furnishings and accessories
- Free WiFi
- Large 3D TV, Blu-ray DVD, sports/ movie channels.
- Bose Home Cinema System (iPod/ Android jack lead)
- Ironing facilities and hairdryer
- Complimentary use of velour
- Welcome pack on arrival
- Dressing gowns provided
- All bathroom and hot tub towels included
Short breaks, minimum 3 nights, available.
Around and About
- The market town of Thirsk is mere minutes (3.5 miles) away - the cottage is ideal for Thirsk Racecourse meets. Markets take place twice weekly in the central medieval market square, and attractions include 'The World of James Herriot' and the Thirsk Museum.
- Horseshoe Barns Luxury Cottages are ideally placed for exploring the North York Moors and the Yorkshire Dales National Parks.
- We're easily reached just off the A19 and the A1.
- Arriving from the East via Teesside A19 south, exit on the second turn off for Thirsk. Stay left for York, continue for around 1.5 miles, then take a left turn signposted for Bagby.
- Continue on through Bagby and at the T junction take a right turn for Balk. Carry on down a gently descending hill past York House Holiday Park. Then you've arrived at Horseshoe Barns, we have double fronted wooden gates on the left just after a small stream.
- Travelling from Thirsk, take the A170 road heading towards Scarborough. Continue following signs for York House Holiday Park, then as above.
- Travelling from York (22 miles away) get on to the A19 to Thirsk, continue for around 1.5 miles, just before Thirsk take a right turn for Bagby. Continue through Bagby village, then as above.
- From the North and South A1 - get on to the A168 Teesside, following signs for Thirsk. Take the A19 signed for York. Continue following the signs for York for about 1.5 miles, then take a left turn to Bagby village. Continue through the village then at the T junction as above. We look forward to welcoming you - Sat Nav-Balk postcode is YO7 2AQ - please note some Sat Nat systems may not direct you to the exact address.