At a Glance
- 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- TripAdvisor 'Excellent' rated
- Gold Award, 5 Star
- Wood-fired cedar hot tub
- Thetford Forest/ GoApe nearby
- Cinema surround TV
- Spa treatments & private dining
- Playhouse & mini tractors
- Play paddock, enclosed garden
About The Coach House at Lodge Farm
Nestling in the heart of the gentle Norfolk countryside just 4 miles south of Downham Market, The Coach House with hot tub is a luxurious country bolthole perfect for large family groups and only a stone's throw from Thetford Forest with its many family activities including GoApe Treetop Adventure. The magnificent house with rural views sits at the end of its own sweeping driveway on the outskirts of riverside village Hilgay. The wealth of features and facilities onsite include for the kids extensive garden space with a Playhouse, play paddock and always a firm favourite - mini tractors! Spa treatments and private dining are happily arranged on request.
Overview:- A spectacular Georgian mansion appointed to luxury 5 star hotel standard, with 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, cosy underfloor heating and a woodburner. Open plan luxury kitchen with integrated dining area. Cinema TV with surround sound and free WiFi inclusive. French doors lead out to a spacious courtyard area with character old oak tree - perfect for al fresco dining with family and friends. Extensive private gardens and stunning country views. The Coach House is a holiday home with the real 'wow factor'. We also have a quirky resident guest - a little deer who lives in our garden!
The house will comfortably sleep 8 to 10 guests, or book for 4 to 5 with lots of additional space!
- Accommodation comprises:-
- Impressive entrance hall with views to the garden and courtyard.
- Spacious open plan luxury kitchen in oak and granite, a great socialising space with large dining area. Fully fitted with a washing machine, microwave, dishwasher, an extra large fridge freezer and a hi-fi with iPod dock. All utensils, kitchen accessories and crockery included.
- A range of high tech entertainment - a 50" wall-mounted TV with cinema surround sound, BluRay DVD and free WiFi.
- Huge open plan living room - a superb sanctuary and entertainment space - with stylish large sofa and armchairs, woodburning stove (basket of logs included).
- Underfloor heating
- Central heating and double glazing throughout
- 5 Bedrooms/ 3 Bathrooms - 1 bedroom on the ground floor in the old stables.
- King-size double room with ensuite, double with ensuite, family bathroom with a bath and shower, twin bedroom and 2 single bedrooms (one of the singles is downstairs in the old stables ideally close to the cloakroom).
- French doors out to a large al fresco courtyard area with picnic bench and ample outdoor seating around an old oak tree.
- Extensive enclosed garden - lots of space for children to play.
- Miniature John Deere tractors
- Playhouse and play paddock
- Wood-fired hot tub
Other Things to Note
- All heating, electricity and fine bed linen included
- Celebrate here at the luxury Coach House - pre-order a professional handcrafted cake with decoration as you wish along with chilled Champagne - ready for arrival - please contact us to arrange well in advance of your visit (£65)
- Spa treatments and private dining available on request
- Mid-stay maid service
- Welcome pack
- Towels, bathrobes provided
- Kindling/ first starter basket of logs for the woodburner/ or wood fired hot tub (additional wood packs £5 each)
- Cot and highchair
Weekly bookings can be Monday to Monday, or Friday to Friday. Short breaks are available all year round, Monday to Friday or Friday to Monday. Longer stays welcome. Check availability and book online, or call/email Anna direct.
Local Attractions/ Location
- The Coach House is easily reached just off the A10, 4 miles south of Downham Market. 90 minutes from London by train.
- Cambridge is only a short drive to the south, and we're within easy reach of Newmarket Racecourse
- Beautiful Hunstanton sandy beaches are nearby - the North Norfolk Coast and award-winning Holkham beach is an easy drive away
- The ancient market town of Downham Market (fondly known as 'The Gingerbread Town') is only 4 miles away
- You're spoilt for choice with family attractions nearby including Dinosaur Adventure, GoApe at Thetford Forest and BeWilderwood in the Broads
- We're close to the Cambridgeshire and Suffolk borders, a stone's throw form the National Trust's Wicken Fen, the magnificent Ely Cathedral and don't miss a tour of lesser known hidden gem - local Stow Hall Gardens (dogs on leads welcome).