At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Enclosed gardens
- All ground floor living space
- Country views
- Pub nearby
- Walks from your door
About this Holiday Cottage
Detached Tufton Croft is a weather-boarded cottage gem in the Kent High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, situated just on the edge of Wittersham village. The property overlooks fields and woodland, and is the perfect peaceful retreat ideal for a romantic escape. Short breaks, minimum 2 night stays, are available.
Enclosed lawned gardens surround the cottage, and there are beautiful walks from your door over fields and orchards. For walkers who like a challenge, longer hikes are towards Smallhythe Place cared for by the National Trust and award-winning Chapel Down Vineyard with superb onsite restaurant. The Royal Military Canal and the Saxon Shore Way walking trail are within easy reach.
Ground floor accommodation:-
- Kitchen with breakfast area and French doors leading to patio and garden.
- Sitting room with dining area and cosy log burner.
- Double bedroom with 5' bed.
- Family bathroom with a freestanding bath.
- Second bedroom - a twin bedroom with 3' bed zip and link beds (or a double one request) and an en suite shower room.
- Study/playroom with a day bed (for occasional guest), a TV/DVD and Wii.
- Oil fired central heating and a log burner in the lounge.
- Appliances in the kitchen including a ceramic hob and double electric oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer.
- Two TVs, one with Freeview, two DVD players, Nintendo Wii, Radio with iPod adapter.
- Cot and high chair.
- Onsite parking for three cars.
Short breaks, minimum 2 night stays, available.
Around and About
- The cinque port towns of Tenterden and Rye are just 5 miles away, both with a choice of fine inns, restaurants, cafes and independent shops.
- Camber Sands beach is only 25 minutes' drive away.
- The Kent High Weald with its famous gardens, vineyards and a wealth of outdoor activity opportunities is right on your doorstep.