At a Glance
- Beautiful period property
- 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- Perfect for outdoor enthusiasts
- Open fire (first logs free)
- Fantastic location
- Large garden
About this Holiday Cottage
Peacefully situated down a quiet country lane, Mill Cottage is an idyllic hideaway in the Lickle Valley in the pretty hamlet of Broughton Mills. Beautifully refurbished, the cottage is welcoming as soon as you enter with a fabulous home from home feel perfect for families, friends sharing and outdoor enthusiasts. Clothes drying facilities and ample space for walking boots are available inside, and a choice of walks are direct from your door including the famous Dunnerdale horseshoe challenge. Head off to the nearby Duddon Valley for rock climbing and bike rides. A traditional Lakeland inn is just 200 yards from the cottage and bustling market town Broughton in Furness is only a 5 minute drive away.
Living space on the ground floor includes:-
- Entrance porch area with boot and jacket storage.
- Downstairs bathroom with bath and w.c.
- Conservatory dining area.
- Kitchen with Rangemaster stove, gas hob, 2 electric ovens and grill, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and microwave.
- Downstairs w.c/ utility with washer-dryer.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
First floor bedrooms and bathrooms include:-
- Bedroom 1 - with King-size feature bed and adjacent bathroom with large full length bath, separate shower, basin and w.c.
- Bathroom 2 – Bath with shower over, basin and w.c.
- Bedroom 2 - with twin single 3' beds, adjacent to bathroom 2.
- Bedroom 3 – with King-size bed, adjacent to bathroom 2.
- Large garden, with gravelled paths, steps, shrubs and garden furniture. Please note a small spring can be found within the garden at the rear side of the property, please supervise children in this area.
- Recently extended gravelled car parking area for 2 cars
- Bike shed and outside tap
Other Things to Note
- Bed linen, Wi-Fi, electricity, gas and storage
- Air sourced heating and initial logs for the open fire
- Private water supply – filtered and U.V treated.
- Available to hire - Towels, travel cot, stairgate and high chair.
- Parking for 2 cars - additional parking nearby in community car park – 100 yards, donation box
- Pets welcome
Short breaks (minimum 3 nights) available all year round. Dogs charged at £25 per dog.
Around and About
- Cafes, pubs, restaurants and shops 1 mile (Broughton-in-Furness).
- Quaint country pub with good local food 200 yards.
- Larger supermarkets in Millom and Ulverston both 9 miles away
- Coniston Water and Coniston village 7 miles