At a Glance
- 8 bedrooms, 3 bath/ shower rooms
- 1/2 acre grounds with stream
- Close to Black Mountains & Brecon Beacons
About this Holiday Cottage
Nestling the at the foot of the Black Mountains on the western edge of the Brecon Beacons, Pen yr Heol is a beautiful 17th century Welsh longhouse which has been sympathetically renovated to retain much period charm. The property is ideal for outdoor activity breaks, family celebrations and extra special get togethers.
- Attractive sitting room with inglenook fireplace, multi-fuel stove, plenty of sofa seating, a TV, DVD player and payphone
- Beamed dining room with long dining table, benches and open fireplace
- Well equipped kitchen with ample work and storage space, double and single ovens, hob, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, two fridges and a freezer. A utility room houses the tumble dryer
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Ground floor double bedroom with adjacent large bathroom with overhead shower, WC and hand basin
- First floor twin bedroom
- First floor triple room with one double bed, one single bed and an ensuite cloakroom
- First floor triple room with double and single bed
- First floor shower room with hand basin and WC
- Twin bedroom on the ground floor of the adjoining barn
- Triple bedroom on the ground floor of the adjoining barn with double and single bed
- First floor barn bedroom with two single beds
- First floor barn bedroom with one double bed and one single bed
- First floor barn bathroom with hand basin and WC
The property sits in a large garden with half an acre of its own land with stream and birdsong. The small river at the back is fenced off from children and there is a large 'uninhabited barn' where they can also play. Ample parking can be found at the cottage.
Other Things to Note
The rental charge includes bed linen, oil central heating and electricity. Towels can be provided at an extra charge. A BBQ is available but charcoal is not included.
Two cots and two high chairs are available.
Two baskets of logs for the fire are supplied with additional logs provided at a charge.
Dogs are accepted by prior discussion.
Short breaks may be available at certain times of the year. Two pets are welcome at £20 each per stay.