At a Glance
- David Bellamy Conservation Award
- Private parking
- Visit Britain 4 Stars
- Up to 2 dogs welcome
- Beach 10 minutes
- Licensed shop & launderette
About this Award-winning Holiday Park
Churchwood Valley is a beautiful, naturally wooded four star holiday park spread across 75 acres and running right down to the sea at Wembury Bay in South Devon. The beach is only ten minutes' walk away and spectacular coastal walking surrounds the park heading west to Mountbatten and the water taxi across to Plymouth, or east towards the stunning River Yealm and estuary. At the estuary a ferry will take you across to pretty Newton Ferrers with its character shops and the Dolphin Inn or Noss Mayo with two great pubs. This environmental paradise has been awarded the David Bellamy Conversation Gold Award 21 years in a row, a feat only matched by a few parks in the South West.
If you're looking to truly get away from it all then this is the place. There are no noisy nightclubs, bars and cafes to worry about, only wildlife, rock pools and stunning scenery.
Cabins sit in fantastic woodland setting surrounded by a mix of trees, hedges, flowering shrubs and charming rustic fences. All have their own plot on the hillside and views across the valley. Some also have views across the water meadow or look towards the sea.
One parking space is allocated to each property and there is direct acces to the beach via private roads and paths.
All Cabins feature:
A private parking space and a fully equipped kitchen with fridge, freezer, cooker and microwave, cutlery, crockery and glasses. Each has a fitted bathroom or shower room, a flat-screen TV, DVD player and a clock radio.
Central heating, pillows, duvets, a hoover and an iron and board and free electricity are all inclusive. Bed linen is also provided (please bring along your own towels).
GARDEN LODGE - Sleep 6
- Our most popular lodge peacefully situated at the bottom of the valley.
- Two bedrooms both with large wardrobes. The second bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with a shower.
- Separate spacious sun lounge.
- TV and DVD player.
- Fitted kitchen with a large fridge freezer, a dishwasher, ample cupboard storage space, a washing machine and all essential appliances.
- Enclosed patio area, lawn and a carport.
DL6 LODGE - Sleep 6
- Modern light and spacious lodge with all home from home comforts.
- Kitchens with washing machines and dishwashers.
- Living areas with a TV and DVD player.
- Two spacious front bedrooms plus two sofa beds in the sitting room.
- Sliding patio doors lead out to a decked patio with valley views.
A6+ CABINS - Sleep 6
- More spacious cabins sleeping 6 in two bedrooms.
- Some have double beds and there are sofa beds available in the lounge/diner.
- Modern fitted kitchens come with washing machines and dishwashers.
- Living space includes a TV and DVD player.
- Sliding patio doors open out to a paved patio.
A6 & A4+ CABINS - Sleep 6 & 4
- Slightly cosier cabins sleeping either 6 or 4 guests.
- These cabins have very comfortable living space and sit in favourite locations within the site.
- All have quiet secluded patios and valley views.
- Two bedrooms (some have double beds). Sofa beds are in the lounge.
- A4+ cabins have comfortable easy chairs and a sofa.
- All include separate bathrooms with a bath and shower over and wcs.
- Main bedrooms have vanity units.
- Fitted kitchens include generously sized fridge freezers and microwaves.
- Living areas have TVs and DVD players.
A2+, A2 & A4 CABINS - Sleep 2
- Smaller 1 bedroom cabins perfect for two people.
- A4s include sofa beds and can sleep up to 4 guests.
- A2s feature comfortable easy chairs or a sofa, and some also include double beds.
- Both have stylish modern shower rooms. A2+ cabins also have en-suite bathrooms and slide patio doors.
- All of our 1 bed cabins have modern fitted kitchens with in-built appliances, under the counter fridges and microwaves.
- Facilities include a TV with DVD player.
- These cosy cabins are situated in the heart of the park in a quiet spot with private patios - lookout for visiting wildlife.
PINE LODGES - Sleep 4
- Five Pine Lodges have the same stylish design and sleep 4 guests.
- Modern fitted kitchens have fridges under a worktop and ample work surface space.
- Bathrooms include a hip bath with a shower over.
- Main bedrooms have a double bed, a large wardrobe and overhead storage.
- Second bedrooms are twins with generously sized wardrobes.
- A TV with DVD player is included.
For a small charge, up to two well-behaved dogs are welcome in each cabin. Excercise areas are provided.
Churchwood Valley is rich in wildlife. The park includes a Site of Special Scientific Internest (SSSI), and our beach is included in a voluntary marine conservation arrea. A Marine Centre sits just above the Old Mill Cafe and serves as a base for wardens who offer guided rockpool rambles during the summer season.
The park has a licensed shop selling food and drink, beach toys and gifts. There's also a fully equipped launderette and a recycling centre.
Our Forest School Holiday Club also operates during the summer months across our woodland and offers hours of outdoor fun for children aged 5 to 13 years. Activites include bush craft, beach trips, team skills and mini beast safaris. Find out more on our website.
Special to Churchwood Valley Holiday Cabins
Churchwood Valley is committed to preserving it's wonderful natural setting and the habitats for mammals, birds and insects. Over the years, the shop, information room and new cabins have been clad in chestnut, fences have been made of Monterey pine and elm cladding has applied inside - all this wood has been grown, planked and seasoned right here at Churchwood.
Other Things to Note
Please note, the park is naturally hilly so only a few cabins will be suitable for disabled guests. Please contact us directly to discuss your needs with staff when making your booking.
Around and About
Numerous outdoor activity opportunities are available in the local area from coastal walking along the South West Coast Path to rockpooling and bathing at the local beach.
Cycle hire shops and riding schools are nearby and many fun family farm parks and theme parks are in the area including award-winning Pennywell Farm and Woodlands Family Theme Park.
Visit nearby Devon capital Plymouth with its many museums, shops and historic waterfront. The location of the park is perfect for touring top holiday spots in Devon and Cornwall including Looe, the South Hams Coast, the English Riviera and Dartmoor National Park.
Check-in is after 2.30pm on the day of arrival and cabins must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure.
Call us direct for more information and best prices!
- Churchwood Valley is around 7 miles from Plymouth city centre (20/30 minute car journey. Elburton is about 3 miles away.
- Visitors travelling from Exeter (M5/A38) or from Cornwall/ Tavistock, exit the A38 at the Marsh Mills roundabout and continue following signs for Plymouth city centre (A374).
- Carry on and follow signs for the A374 city centre/ Kingsbridge along a dual carriageway which runs adjacent to the River Plym.
- Watch out for the Railway Bridge just above the road, then filter left onto the A379 Kingsbridge/ Plymstock road to get across the river. Continue along the dual carriageway - the A379 heading East.
- When you reach the fourth roundabout beside the Elburton Hotel take a right turn.
- If you are coming West from Tones or Modbury along the A379, at the first roundabout take a left at the Elburton Hotel.
- Carry on through Elburton village and look out for the brown Langdon Court sign at the lights and take a left onto Reservoir Road. From here follow signs for Langdon Court and Churchwood Valley.
- Carry on along Reservoir Road until the Co-op garage comes into view. Just before the garage take a right (not straight on following the Wembury sign!).
- When you reach the next T junction with The Staddy Pub located on your left, take a left turn onto Staddiscombe Road. Carry on for around a mile of narrow rural lanes until you get to a 90 degree left-hand bend. Slow down here for this bend, and at the next left-hand fork on the next bend you'll see a small Churchwood Valley sign - immediately pass the entrance to the Langdon Court Hotel.
- Keep in the lane passing Langdon Court until you reach a large Churchwood Valley signpost directing you to take a sharp left turn.
- The main entrance is a short distance along this lane on your right.