At a Glance
- 4 Star Gold Cottages
- Sleep 3-4
- Beach walking distance
- Free WiFi
About these Seaside Holiday Cottages
Dorset Seaside Cottages are two fabulous West Dorset properties sleeping 3 to 4 within walking distance of stunning Seatown beach and an award-winning inn serving food on the water's edge. The cottages sit side by side, midway between Lyme Regis and West Bay, perfect for exploring the Jurassic Coast and inland West Dorset and East Devon Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The historic town of Bridport is only 3 miles away and the famous seaside town of Lyme Regis is a mere 6 miles from the cottages.
The two cottages are available to book individually or together for larger groups of friends or family.
Chideock Cottage (Sleeps 3-4)
A charming cottage in the village of Chideock, in a quiet location just opposite the award-winning George Inn - Sleeps 3-4. The cottage is open all year round and within easy reach of a shop and 3 pubs. Living space is presented to a very high 4 Star Gold standard throughout. Free WiFi, comfortable sofas and modern technology are all inclusive and the property has a sunny south facing garden with wonderful views.
- Spacious open plan living/dining room with stylish comfortable leather sofas and a colour LCD TV and DVD player.
- Modern technology includes WiFi internet access, an iPlayer and a DAB/FM radio/ Bluetooth speaker so you can listen to your music anywhere in the property.
- The ground floor features solid oak flooring extending into the kitchen.
- French doors open out to a spacious, landscaped garden with wonderful views of surrounding hills and the sea beyond.
- Central heating is throughout.
- The living area has a cosy gas coal-effect fire.
- A collection of DVD films, books, games and magazines are provided.
- A country kitchen includes a gas-fired AGA, a washing machine, a fridge/ freezer and ironing facilities.
- Two bedrooms and 1 bathroom.
- Large upstairs south facing bedroom with a Victorian style king-size bed, a fitted painted pine wardrobe, a chest of drawers, a digital flat-screen TV, spectacular views and a hairdryer.
- Bedroom 2, also upstairs, has a single bed, an additional pullout full-sized single mattress, a chest of drawers and a fitted pine wardrobe.
- Upstairs bathroom with a modern bath, a power shower, heated towel rail, wc and a wash basin.
- South facing sunny garden with stunning views and a large patio area with outdoor furniture, lighting and a BBQ.
- Parking for 1 car is located at the bottom of the cottage garden.
- Extras include towels, bed linen, a cot and high chair.
- A welcome tray is available on arrival.
Greenwich Cottage (Sleeps 3)
Stylish Greenwich Cottage is right next door to Chideock Cottage
- Spacious open plan living/ dining room with two comfy leather sofas (one featuring an integrated chaise longue), an LED 32" Smart TV with Freeview and iPlayer, a DVD, DVD library and a radio/CD player.
- The living area also includes a cosy woodburner fire and high tech Rointe electric central heating is throughout.
- WiFi is available.
- Traditional old pine table with seating for four, situated just in front of a south facing window.
- Country kitchen with a large belfast sink, a double electric oven, beech worktops, painted units, a dishwasher, washing machine, a fridge/freezer, ironing facilities and a microwave. A range of pans, utensils and cooking dishes are provided.
- Recycling facilities are located just outside the kitchen in the courtyard area.
- Two upstairs bedrooms and 1 bathroom.
- The main bedroom is a large south facing bedroom with a comfy king-size bed, fitted wardrobes, a hairdryer and a window seat with fabulous views of surrounding hills and the sea.
- Bedroom 2, also upstairs, has a comfortable single bed and a chest of drawers.
- Bed linen, towels, a cot and stairgates are all provided (please bring along your own cot linen).
- Upstairs bathroom with a full-sized modern P-shaped bath with a power shower over, an adjustable heated towel rail, wc and a wash basin.
Three, 4 and 7 night breaks are available in both cottages.
Chideock Cottage is available for weekly bookings between April and October starting on Saturdays. Weekly or short breaks are available between November and March when we can be flexible on start days. Short breaks are available off peak. Prices include gas, electric, bed linen, heating, towels and a welcome tray on arrival.
Greenwich Cottage is available for weekly and short break bookings through the year. Start days are usually a Friday or Monday but we can be flexible on start dates between October to March.
Around and About
Spectacular Dorset coast and countryside surround the cottages. Golden Cap, the highest point on the English south coast, is nearby and other famous beauty spots and historic locations close by include Thorncombe Beacon, Lambert's Castle Hill, Eggardon Hill, Pilsdon Pen, Hardy's Monument and Maiden Castle.
Chideock village is only 3 miles west of Bridport and contains pretty thatched cottages, two great traditional inns, a church and a shop. A narrow country lane leads down from the village to Seatown beach and the coast path which leads on to Golden Cap.
Seatown shingle beach is only a 20 minute walk away. The market town of Bridport with its choice of independent shops, pubs, restaurants, a selection of supermarkets, tea rooms and a bustling street market on Saturdays and Wednsdays is only 3 miles.
West Bay Harbour is only around 4 miles away and the popular seaside resort of Lyme Regis is around 7 miles away. For fantastic fossil hunting head to Charmouth around 3 miles away.