At a Glance
- 4 cottages sleeping either 4 or 8 people
- 650 acre Dorset Farm
- Close to Thomas Hardy Trail
About this Holiday Cottage
Based in the heart of the Dorset countryside, Bookham Court Cottages provide the ideal base for a family holiday with easy access to the Jurassic Coast. Our four beautifully appointed cottages are situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty on 650 acres of family farmland, home to an abundance of wildlife. Designed with comfort in mind, our character properties have well equipped self catering kitchens, private parking facilities, free Wi-Fi access and uninterrupted natural views over the surrounding countryside and Blackmore Vale. Dogs are welcome to join you on your holiday.
- The Wagon House - Sleeps 4 + travel cot - a superb single storey conversion with period features including old beams and an inglenook fireplace with wood burner in the lounge. Other excellent facilities include Freeview TV, a kitchen with dishwasher and washing machine, a furnished patio garden and two well presented bedrooms. This cottage also has a wet room shower making it suitable for less mobile guests. Free Wi-Fi.
- Little Combe Holiday Cottage - sleeps 4 + travel cot - a lovely two storey cottage with two ensuite bedrooms plus an additional ground floor cloakroom. The lounge has a feature fireplace with wood burner stove and there is also underfloor heating fitted. A full range of appliances can be found in the kitchen and there is also a pretty courtyard with outdoor furniture. Free Wi-Fi.
- Great Combe - sleeps 8 + 1 + travel cot - an excellent option for families, this , this cottage adjoins the games room, with an abundance of wildlife to spot closeby. French doors lead out from the sitting room with log burner and the cottage is suitable for less mobile guests with mobility aids, a ground floor twin bedroom and wet room shower. Three further bedrooms along with an ensuite shower and family bathroom are set on the first floor. Free Wi-Fi.
- Crowthorne Holiday Cottage - sleeps 8 + sofa bed + travel cot - a luxury barn conversion furnished and equipped to a high standard with a ground floor twin bedroom with adapted shower room, three ensuite first floor bedrooms and large enclosed garden. Entertainment facilities include a large Smart TV and the kitchen is fitted with a range cooker, dishwasher and laundry facilities. This cottage is set 1/3 of a mile from the games room. Free Wi-Fi.
Other Things to Note
- Bed linen and towels are provided on your arrival and high chairs and cots can be requested. Please request additional bed linen for extra beds on booking.
- We allow up to two dogs in each cottage at an additional cost of £25 each.
- Logs for the inglenook fireplaces are available.
- Guests in our four cottages have free use of our onsite games room with a half size snooker table, table tennis, an under 5’s play area and free Wi-Fi access.
Great Coombe and Crowthorne are ideal for guests with limited mobility, featuring wheelchair access, disabled shower facilities and bedrooms on the ground floor. We have exclusive short breaks throughout the year – please contact us for more information on rates and availability.
Around and About
Tourist information leaflets are also available in the games room. Our heated wooden wildlife hide is ideal for watching the abundance of wildlife that live around the farm. Interactive cameras monitor the local wildlife throughout the day and night. We also have a coarse fishing lake with a varied range of ghost, common and mirror carp – fishing is free for guests. For more information on our facilities visit our website.
Bookham Court is signposted off the B3143, 9 miles north of Dorchester. From the south, turn right 0.75 miles out of Alton Pancras; from the north, turn left 0.75 miles out of Buckland Newton at the Bookham Court sign. Crowthorne is on the second bend on the right. For Great Coombe, Little Coombe and the Wagon House drive up the hill and down the steep hill, turn right at the bottom of the hill at the Bookham Court sign.