At a Glance
- Mini gym, sauna & hot tub
- Friendly farm animals
- Boule Court
- Info hut & BBQ area
About these Holiday Cottages
Greyfield Farm Cottages are set in three and a half acres overlooking the Mendips near High Littleton in Somerset. The five attractive stone cottages are well placed for exploring the historical sites of Georgian Bath, Bristol, Wells, Glastonbury and the market towns of Frome and Bradford-upon-Avon. Stephen's Vale lies just the other side of Greyfield Wood. Now an Avon Wildlife Trust Reserve, this is a popular walking place with local people and the steep sides of the valley are home to varied woodland flora.
Following a day spent exploring the area why not relax and ease those aching legs in the Finnish sauna, luxuriate in the spa bath or enjoy some exercise in the mini gym. We also have an attractive barbecue area with picnic tables which is perfect for family get togethers in the warmer months.
The Gingerbread House is an Arctic Winter House from Finland and is ideal for barbecues in the winter months. A boule/patangue court can also be found on site and comprehensive rules are supplied for the uninitiated. The Information Hut has a range of books, leaflets and maps of the surrounding area to help you plan your day. Free range eggs are also often available here.
We have five cottages available, all beautifully furnished and complete with double glazing and oil fired central heating. The cottages all have comfortable lounge with LCD Freeview TV, DVD player and DAB radio. Well equipped kitchens come with electric cookers, fridge/freezers, microwaves, dishwashers and washing machines. Private patios have garden furniture and secure parking is adjacent. Three of the properties have a Mobility Level 1 rating.
- The Old Dairy (sleeps 2), 5 Star Gold Award - a charming single storey one bedroom cottage beautifully furnished with a king-size double bedroom, lounge with log fire, 32" LCD TV and Xbox/DVD player plus a well equipped kitchen featuring a dishwasher, cooker, microwave and washing machine. The bathroom has a bath and separate shower. No pets in this cottage. Cot available.
- Valley View (sleeps 3), 5 Star Gold Award- a delightful two bedroom cottage with fabulous views of the Mendip Hills, furnished to a high standard with a king-size double and single bedroom, a lounge with 32" LCD TV, Xbox/ DVD and log burner. Well equipped kitchen with dishwasher, microwave and washing machine. Bathroom with bath and separate shower. Pets are welcome in this cottage, and a cot is available along with a pull out bed underneath the single bed.
- Byre Cottage (sleeps 4), 4 Star Gold Award - a detached cottage with a king-size double and twin bedroom. Two bathrooms, one ensuite. A lounge kitchen with a cosy log burner, 32" LCD TV, Xbox/DVD player and kitchen area inclusive of a microwave, dishwasher and washing machine. Ground floor level ramp access and Mobility Graded. Living space featuring a conservatory/ dining area. DAB radio. Pets are welcome by prior arrangement. This cottage has its own fenced private garden with patio area, garden furniture, enclosed lawn and secure parking adjacent.
- Mendip Magic - (sleeps 4), 5 Star Gold Award - an accessible cottage with a Grade 1 Mobility rating, ramp access and lovely views of the Mendip Hills with a double and twin bedroom. En-suite shower room to the double bedroom and main bathroom featuring a bath with shower. Lounge with cosy log burner, 32" LCD TV and Xbox/DVD. Well equipped kitchen with a fridge freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and microwave. Sun/ dining room and DAB radio. Pets are welcome by arrangement. Fenced private patio area with garden furniture and ample secure parking adjacent. A cot is available.
- Little Paradise - (sleeps 4), 5 Star Gold Award - furnished to a high standard with a super king-size double bedroom and twin bedroom. Family bathroom with a bath and separate shower. Ensuite shower room to the twin bedroom. Lounge with a cosy log burner, 32" LCD TV and an Xbox/DVD player. Well equipped kitchen inclusive of a microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and DAB radio. Pets are welcome by arrangement in this cottage. The property also has a fenced private small lawn, patio with outdoor furniture and ample secure parking adjacent. Accessible cottage with Mobility Grading.
- Relaxing spa bath/ hot tub for 6 people available whenever you wish, for 24 hours daily.
- Top range Finish sauna also available 24 hours a day, a perfect spot for quite meditation.
- Barbeque Area, picnic table and Gingerbread House.
- Boule Court with a set of boules and laminated copies of the rules available in the information hut.
- Mini gym.
- Info hut with a basic first aid kit, information books on the local area, leaflets, plus a selection of books, DVDs and games.
- Friendly farm animals in the paddock area including our pigmy goats, various types of ducks and chickens. Guests are welcome to feed the animals if they wish.
Other Facilities/ Services
Romantic short breaks are available with champagne and roses supplied. Please give us a call for more information.
Open all year round with flexible changeover days. Short breaks (including 1 night stays) are available. Self-catering and serviced stays, midweek and weekend breaks, single nights and traditional weekly holidays are available all year round.
When you reach the village turn up Greyfield Road opposite Dandos Stores, then follow the road around to the right and at the end of the road just before it turns down into Gores Park take a right turn up the hill into the Gug and Greyfield Farm is the third entrance on the right.
The cottages sit within a 3.5 acres and have lovely views across to the Mendip Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Bath is just 9.5 miles away, Bristol is 10 miles and Wells is 12.5 miles.