Please note - prices reflect our cheapest property price. Call us direct to book, and for up-to-date prices and availability
At a Glance
- Self-catering properties - Sleep 2-6
About these Holiday Cottages
Moor Royd Cottages are a selection of self-contained self-catering properties on the outskirts of Millhouse Green village near Penistone. The Peak District National Park boundary is just one mile away. Accommodation is homely and fully equipped, consisting of The Old Farmhouse (sleeping four adults and two children), The Other Side (sleeping two) and The Guest Suite (also sleeping two). Should you wish to bring along your car, ample parking is available onsite.
Around and About
Spectacular rural scenery surrounds us and Moor Royd House is perfectly placed for exploring country areas in West and North Yorkshire and Derbyshire. Sheffield, Doncaster, Wakefield and Huddersfield are only a short drive away and in local village Millhouse Green you'll find two shops and a post office. Penistone, around a 10 minute drive away, contains a wide choice of shops, two supermarkets and a petrol station.
The Old Farmhouse
- Charming cottage-style accommodation, fully self-contained.
- Access entrance is on the east side of the terrace.
- Living room with a cosy open fireplace containing a coal effect gas fire, original oak beams and views of the walled garden and fields from windows.
- Dining area with table and 6 chairs, chest of drawers, two seater sofa, a wooden backed settee and comfortable easy chairs.
- A well equipped fitted kitchen, part panelled with a window seat, a folding table and chairs, shuttered windows with walled garden views and a heated hostess trolley.
- Two double upstairs bedrooms. The more spacious bedroom is a super king double with zip and link beds (can be a twin if preferred), and has an en-suite bathroom with a bath and shower over, wash basin, wc and electric shaver point.
- A separate shower room.
- Space is available for two cots or folding beds.
The Other Side
- A luxurious barn conversion offering studio-style accommodation for two guests.
- Living space is spread over two floors.
- Entrance is from the courtyard into a well equipped kitchen with a folding table and chairs suitable for outdoor use.
- Hall area with a shower room off the hall and an open staircase up to a spacious studio on the first floor.
- Covered hanging space for clothing is available in the hall.
- The shower room contains a sauna (small charge applies), wash basin, a wc, power shower and a shaver point.
- The studio has stunning views of the surrounding Pennine Yorkshire countryside.
- In the studio you'll find twin divan beds, a dining table and 4 chairs, two comfy easy chairs, cupboard and drawer storage space, a colour TV, books and games.
- One parking space is in the courtyard.
The Guest Suite
- Flexible accommodation ideal for larger parties when booked in conjunction with other properties.
- Sleeps 2 guests and is self-contained with views of the paddock and walled garden.
- Entrance is off the terrace, into a cosy lobby area and kitchenette.
- Bedroom with 'visitor bed' - either a single or twin beds.
- Facilities include a colour TV, radio, a dressing table, storage space, bedside tables with lamps and chairs.
- Clothes hanging space is available in the lobby area.
- The shower room has a shower tub with a shower over, a vanity unit, an electric shaver point, wc and a wash basin.
- All properties have free Wireless Internet Access.
- Digital colour TVs all include Freeview channels and a DVD player.
- Kitchens in all properties include a fridge, freezer, a cooker, a microwave, toaster, crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils and dishwashers (except in The Guest Suite).
- Electric shaver points and a hairdryer are included in all units.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome.
- Accommodation includes central heating with thermostats on all radiators.
- Hot water is always available to guests.
- A vacuum cleaner is provided.
- Beds are fully made up with cosy electric under-blankets, pillows, duvets and bed linen.
- We provide a set of towels for each visitor.
- A welcome starter pack of complimentary toiletries and cleaning materials is available on arrival.
- Shared laundry facilities (a washing machine and a tumble dryer) are onsite - please bring along your own washing power and dishwasher tablets.
Short breaks, including 1 night stays, are available. Don't hesitate to contact us direct for more information and to book.