At a Glance
- 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Level access/ground floor wet room
- Stunning rural setting
- M1 - 10 minute drive
- Short breaks
- Oak beams & traditional stone floors
About this Holiday Cottage
A luxurious cottage within easy reach of Huddersfield, Wakefield, York, Leeds, Holmfirth and the Peak District, The Blacksmiths Shop has been specifically designed for wheelchair ease of access. Featuring a deluxe wet room shower and ground floor bedrooms, The Blacksmiths Shop is one of three beautifully renovated cottages at Gilcar Farm converted from original 18th Century farm buildings. The working part of the dairy farm, which has been in our family for three generations, sits just across the road so guests won't be disturbed by early morning milking!
- Accommodating 7 guests in exquisitely styled living space perfect for family groups.
- The Blacksmiths Shop combines traditional features such as exposed oak beams, Yorkshire stone floors and a woodburning stove with luxury contemporary style.
- The spacious open plan kitchen includes a dishwasher, electric cooker, fridge/ freezer, washing machine, kettle/ cafetiere, utensils/ crockery and an integrated dining area.
- The large lounge is exquisitely designed with contemporary furnishings, a flat screen TV, cosy woodburner and beamed ceiling - ideal for family gatherings.
- Perfect for less mobile guests, the cottage has level access ideal for wheelchair users, plus a ground floor bedroom and a modern wet room with grab rails and raised wc.
- Bedrooms include a single, double and two king-size double bedrooms.
- An additional main bathroom is upstairs.
The cottage has a charming garden with rural views.
Facilities/ Additional Information
- Bed linen and duvets are fully inclusive in booking.
- The cottage is non-smoking throughout.
One of three luxury cottages, two sleeping 8 and The Blacksmiths Shop sleeping 7. Short breaks welcome - 20% discount for long weekends. Corporate lets from 3 months or more considered - please enquire.
Location/ Local Attractions
The cottage is only 10 minutes off the M1 affording easy access to Huddersfield, Bradford, Wakefield, York, Leeds and Sheffield.
Major Yorkshire attractions including the Hepworth Gallery in Wakefield, the Yorkshire Sculpture Park near Wakefield, The Royal Armouries Museum in Leeds and Eureka! The National Children's Museum in Halifax are all just a short distance away.