At a Glance
- 1 bedroom, 1 wet room
- Sleeps 2/3
- Station pick-up on request
- Free WiFi
- Golf course adjacent
- Direct access to Snowdonia
About Theodosia Suite
Situated just West of Conwy and offering direct access into Snowdonia National Park, Theodosia Suite in Dwygyfylchi village sits within the beautiful grounds of Victorian Plas Tanrallt, which in Welsh means 'Hall under the Hill and where Elgar actually stayed. This self-contained property is the ultimate retreat for 2/3 guests located just across the road from Penmaenmawr Golf Course with 20% reduction on Green Fees and outstanding sea views towards The Great Orme.
We are easily reached, just 2 miles off the A55, Junction 16 with private off-road parking available. The brown tourist information signs depicting the route to access the Golf Club are easy to follow and we are about 200 yards further along from the entrance to the Golf Club. A Llandudno Junction station pick-up service is also available on request.
Perfect for couples, small family groups and three friends sharing, our Theodosia Suite is totally self-contained, accessed through double conservatory doors, with free WiFi available. The property is also purpose built for someone with a disability and can be used by someone in a wheelchair – a ramp is in place with car parking right outside the door.
- Living space is fully equipped with a wall mounted flat-screen TV in the bedroom, ironing facilities, a clothes dryer and a hairdryer are all provided.
- A conservatory features another large TV and DVD, comfortable seating including a sofa bed, a fridge with small freezer, a small cooker, a dining table/ chairs for 4, an electric fan, and spectacular sea views. This room also has a fully adjustable rise and recline chair in addition to the sofa bed and armchair.
- Open plan in style, The Suite has a cosy kitchenette with a sink, toaster, kettle, microwave, cutlery and crockery, a cafetiere and a washing machine.
Bedroom/ Wet Room
- A spacious bedroom has a double bed and a fully motorised and adjustable single bed, a large wardrobe with a full-sized mirror, small chest of drawers, bedside tables, lamps and chairs.
- The fully fitted disabled accessible wet room directly off the bedroom, includes WC, sink, grab rails, an adjustable shower and shower stool.
Outside/ Direct Access to Snowdonia
Lawned garden/ grassy areas are to the front and rear. Guests have use of the patio and lawn area to the front of the property. To the rear of the property is Snowdonia National Park and guests have their own private access into the National Park and the use of seating, picnic areas etc.
Private off-road parking and mountain bike storage/walking gear are available.
Other Things to Note
All towels and bedding are included with beds made up ready for your arrival.
A well-trained dog is welcome - please keep dogs on leads around local livestock and ensure the gate to the mountain and to the road at the front of the property is kept closed at all times. Rulings in the area regarding dogs on the beaches and use of pooh bags are strictly enforced.
The Suite is ideal for a small family unit and has the benefit of a Sofa Bed located in the Conservatory for privacy if required.
Around and About
- Direct access into Snowdonia National Park via a private gate - grassy areas adjacent to the cottage are part of the National Park!
- Beaches, National Trust properties and Bird Sanctuaries all close by
- Golf Course across the road with Bowling Green just beyond.
- Largest ZipWire in Europe is half an hour away in Bethesda (pre-booking advisable).
- Surf Snowdonia and other attractions are located down the Conwy Valley – half an hour away.
- Medieval Conwy with Castle, Tudor Mansion and beautiful Quayside including the Smallest House in Wales is 4 miles up the road driving through the breathtaking Sychnant Pass.
- Inns and restaurants are within walking distance – Bay of Bengal Indian Restaurant with beautiful views and a takeaway service is 5 mins walk away and The Austrian Restaurant is just beyond.
- 2 local stores, one a newsagents and a hairdressers are walking distance.
- There are also local pubs within walking distance - The Fairy Glen - which serves excellent food and The Gladstone (dog friendly) with beautiful sea views and a beer garden as well as a good menu and wonderful Sunday Lunch - please note the walk back from the Gladstone is an uphill walk!
- Excellent Beach cafes in Llanfairfechan and Penmaenmawr at good prices.
Short breaks and weekly stays available. Prices start from £70 per night (minimum 2 nights).