At a Glance
- Function room with bar
- 13 en-suite rooms
- Award-winning local cask ales
- Family rooms
- Beer garden and patio
- Sunday lunch
About this Public House and Restaurant
A warm, welcoming inn with restaurant and rooms in Thirsk, The Vale of York is conveniently just off the A1, midway between the Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors National Parks. We're within easy reach of Thirsk Racecourse and station, and ideally placed for attractions including The World of James Herriott, Aysgarth Falls, Sutton Bank National Park Centre, Castle Howard and Fountains Abbey.
Families, large groups, couples or travel stopovers and business guests are all warmly welcomed. Enjoy fabulous Yorkshire cask ales including award-winning Black Sheep, and a great range of wines, beers and spirits. Hearty pub food is served in the bar and restaurant areas, including our popular weekly Sunday Lunch. We're perfect for functions, celebrations and meetings - a function room with bar is available in-house.
- We have 13 spacious en-suite rooms in various configurations including single, double, twin and family rooms.
- Each has essentials including a TV, and a refreshment tray with tea and coffee making facilities.
- A third person can be accommodated in rooms for an extra fee - please contact us direct to discuss your needs.
- A Full English breakfast is included in booking.
- Hearty traditional pub favourites are on the menu from fish and chips to steak and ale pie, and some fantastic desserts!
- We also serve a lighter bar menu and Thursday nights are Steak Menu nights
- Join us for a delicious traditional Sunday Lunch - three serving sessions at 12 noon, 1pm and 2pm featuring slow cooked meats with all the trimmings. (pre-booking recommended for our popular Sunday lunch)
Around and About
- The World of James Herriott attraction
- North York Moors and Yorkshire Dales National Parks
- Fountains Abbey World Heritage Site
- Castle Howard
- Beautiful Yorkshire market towns including Helmsley, Northallerton, Bedale and Leyburn are within easy reach