At a Glance
- Large grounds with hot tub
About this Bed and Breakfast
Situated within walking distance of the Lost Gardens of Heligan, Lower Barns offers highly unique and well appointed bed and breakfast accommodation which has been created with romance in mind. Our accommodation is as stylish as any you could find in a city boutique hotel and we also offer a hot tub, beauty therapies and a chill out room. Perfect for family celebrations, our large south facing gardens have a sun bathing deck, barbecue and we can cater for extra special celebratory meals.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- The Hayloft Hangout - a self contained wing with downstairs super king size double bed/ set of twin beds, an ensuite wet room with wheel chair access and first floor twin bedroom
- The Lawnside Suite - a ground floor double bedroom with private conservatory and ensuite shower room
- The Garden Suite - a super king-size double bedroom, ensuite shower room and private conservatory with deck and magical garden
- The Nook - a marvellous double bedroom suite furnished in South American themes with a giant retro Smeg fridge, chaise longue, private courtyard garden and your own sauna to relax in
- The Hideaway - a beautiful romantic retreat for couples with four poster bed and ensuite bathroom with slipper bath and shower
- The Cranny - our second four poster room with super king size bed, ensuite with freestanding bath and rain shower, a wood burner stove and private south facing courtyard
Our breakfasts are served in our conservatory dining room overlooking the garden and we offer guests a vast menu to choose from. Enjoy a traditional cooked breakfast made from local Cornish produce and free range eggs or choose one of our speciality options including smoked salmon, poached eggs on soda bread, eggs and mushrooms on toast, smoked fish served with crusty bread or our vegetarian grill. Special diets can be catered for with advance notice given.
- Large lawn gardens with plenty of seating, a BBQ and a hot tub
- Free Wi-Fi service
- Evening meals created using local Cornish produce are served in The Shack with advance notice required
- Therapy room with a range of beauty and massage treatments
- Wedding facilities for two to twenty guests
All of our rates include breakfast and a two night minimum stay is required at weekends. The Lawnside Suite is available for single occupancy and families/ small groups of up to four people can be accommodated in the Hayloft.
Around and About
- The Lost Gardens of Heligan - one mile away
- The Eden Project, The Roseland Peninsula and Truro - all a twenty minutes drive away
- Mevagissey and Pentewan beach - one mile away