At a Glance
About this Thatched Cottage
Pretty Quakers Annexe is a charming thatched cottage near Axminster. Set within 8 acres of shared grounds and gardens, this attractive property is brimming with character features including a cast iron woodburner effect stove and an exposed stone wall. Beautiful views look across to the gardens and valley, and Quakers Annexe is only a short stroll from Membury village. A BBQ and summerhouse are available in the garden and the cottage has its own private garden area with outdoor furniture.
- Accommodation is self-contained and a part wing of the main house.
- The stylish lounge on the ground floor has a cast iron woodburner effect stove, a TV, DVD and comfortable seating.
- A quarry-tiled fitted kitchen diner has solid beech worktops and a table, all essential appliances and accessories.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Two bedrooms, two ensuite bathrooms, a landing area and a feature ancient oak screen are on the first floor.
- The landing area leads into a pretty double bedroom with a 5 foot bed and an ensuite shower.
- Bedroom two is a spacious twin bedroom with 3 foot beds, exposed wall beams, stripped pine flooring and fabulous views of the terrace and gardens. (zip and link beds can be a king-size double if preferred).
- The spacious ensuite to the twin has a very large bath with power shower over.
A French door leads out to a private garden area with outdoor furniture. Parking is available nearby.
Guests have open access to 8 acres of shared grounds and gardens with a BBQ and a Summerhouse.
- All fuel, heating and utilities are inclusive in booking price.
- The cottage is non-smoking throughout.
- Tea towels, cleaning materials and toiletries are all provided.
- WiFi internet access is available.
- A communal onsite Resource Room contains local tourist guides, a washing machine, dryer and a freezer.
- Browse our great Local Log Book with suggestions on things to do within a 10 mile radius of Quakers Annexe.
No need to leave four legged furry friends behind. Dogs are warmly welcomed and here at Lea Hill we have a range of dog friendly facilities including a dog exercise field, dog towels, bowls and grooming tools. Numerous walks are direct from your cottage door and we're only a short drive from dog friendly beaches on the Jurassic Coast.
Changeover day for weekly bookings is normally a Friday. Short breaks are available. Arrival is after 3pm and departure by 10am.
Around and About
- Explore the network of footpaths and bridleways surrounding the cottage.
- Membury village is within easy walking distance and has a castle and amenities.
- Nearby nature reserves include Hawkswood and Thurlbear Wood - just ask if you'd like to borrow our binoculars for wildlife watching.
- The Devon and Dorset Jurassic Coast with its spectacular coastal walking and beaches is only a few minutes' drive away.
- Visit bustling Axminster, home to River Cottage Canteen and many fine inns, restaurants, shops and cafes.