At a Glance
- Variety of en-suite rooms
- Free WiFi & parking
- Close to village centre
- Guest lounge
- Featured on Channel 5's Hotel Inspector
About Brendan Chase Guest House
Famously featured in Channel 5's 'Hotel Inspector, Brendan Chase in Windermere is a classic Victorian guest house dating from the 1850s. Owner David warmly welcomes guests from around the world, offering quality accommodation in the heart of the Lakes at a great value price. The B&B has limited off road parking for cars and motorbikes, and is peacefully situated on College Road which has no parking restrictions. The many fine restaurants, inns, shops and transport links in Windermere village are just around the corner, and bus and railway stations are only 150 yards away.
A wide range of spacious and cosy guest rooms are available all with a modern en-suite bathroom, full central heating, a colour TV, hairdryer and hospitality tray.
- En-suite bedrooms contain either a double bed or a double bed and 1 or 2 single beds, ideal for couples and small family groups.
- One en-suite with a double and single bed is on the ground floor and accessible from street level - perfect for our less mobile guests.
- Cosier standard rooms have a double or twin beds.
- Our extra spacious family rooms include a double bed and either 2 or 3 single beds - ideally suited to large families and groups of friends sharing. These rooms are very popular with our student groups and friends sharing from overseas.
Our locally sourced breakfasts are a real treat with ingredients sourced from local suppliers. Breakfast menu choice includes:-
- Orange juice and a variety of cereals.
- Traditional full cooked English breakfast with free range eggs cooked as preferred, locally produced bacon and award-winning sausages from John Nicholl at Huddlestones of Windermere. Baked beans, hash browns and tomotoes are all available.
- Early breakfasts and special diets such as vegetarian and gluten free are happily catered for on request.
- We usually serve fine coffee from Farrer's of Kendal - an unlimited supply of tea, coffee, toast and preserves are also available at breakfast.
Other Facilities/ Additional Information
- Cots and highchairs provided on request.
- WiFi available free of charge.
- Excellent central location near Windermere village amenities.
- Communal guest sitting room with WiFi, TV, local guide books and brochures.
- We'll happily fill flasks, dry wet clothes and store bikes in the basement of our house on request - please do just ask.
Competitive Bed and Breakfast pricing ranges from £30 to £60 per person depending on numbers of guests sharing rooms. Please do call us direct to discuss pricing and availability - reduced rates may be available for group and midweek bookings and for stays of 2 nights or more. Single Saturday night bookings are accepted during our less busy times.
Around and About
- Windermere is an excellent base for exploring the National Park.
- Walking, cycling, sailing and sightseeing opportunities are numerous.
- Walks into the Central Fells are direct from our door.
- Head down to Bowness for boat trips on Lake Windermere or the Windermere Ferry across to Far Sawrey.
- Bus links to popular locations and attractions around the National Park are just a short walk away next to Booths supermarket in Windermere village.
Arrive by train to Windermere Station, and Brendan Chase is just 150 yards from the station.
For visitors arriving by car, exit the M6 at Junction 36 and continue along the A591 to Windermere. As you arrive at the town you will see a big junction on the left signed for the station and town centre.
Continue on for about 100 yards past this junction and take the first left turn onto Elleray Road. Carry on past the Greywalls Inn on the right and take the first right turn onto College Road - Brendan Chase is on the left hand side adjacent to the chapel.