At a Glance
- Stylish en-suite accommodation
- Home-cooked food & real ales
- Weddings/events venue
- Free WiFi & parking
- Function suite
- TripAdvisor Excellence Award
About Hilton House Hotel
Ideally placed for exploring the Peak District and National Forest, Hilton House Hotel sits in the Dove Valley village of Hilton between Derby and Burton on Trent, just off the A50. The hotel is set in attractive mature gardens, and is a great venue for eating out in Derbyshire. Enjoy delicious and hearty home-cooked food and fine beers in an informal, friendly atmosphere. A choice of dining areas are available suitable for group dining or relax in our cosy lounge, large garden or bar in front of an open fire during colder months. Free parking and free WiFi are available, and we're ideally close to Hilton Business Park. Some of Derbyshire and Staffordshire's most popular attractions are within a 30 minute drive including Alton Towers and Donington Park Racing Circuit.
Guest rooms are modern and stylish, all with en-suite facilities containing a bath or shower. Choose from double, king-size double and twin rooms. We also have a spacious family room (sleeps 4) with a double and single bed plus a pull-out futon sleeping a child of 12 years or under. All rooms are equipped with central heating, internet access, complimentary toiletries and towels, hairdryers, desks, tea and coffee making facilities and TVs. Cots and ironing facilities are also available.
- Room rates include breakfast, served Monday to Friday from 7.30am to 8.30am, and on weekends from 8.30am to 9.30am.
- Breakfast menu includes cereal, orange juice, tea or fresh filter coffee followed by full cooked English breakfast with a choice of fried, poached or scrambled eggs, sausage, mushrooms, bacon, tomato, black pudding and either white or brown toast.
- Hearty home-cooked food is served Monday to Friday, 12 noon until 2pm, and 6pm to 8.30pm.
- A range of traditional meals and lighter options are served in a choice of dining areas.
- More intimate dining is in our cosy bar with open fire during cold months and in our relaxing lounge area.
- Join us at Hilton House for special themed occasions including Mothers and Fathers Day, romantic Valentines Day weekends away or Christmas parties.
- Standard menu choice features favourites such as Sausage and Mash, Fish & Chips, Gammon Steak and our Steaks cooked just the way you like them with a range of sauces to choose from. Homemade specials include Chilli Con Carne and Mushroom Pies, and we have a good choice of vegetarian options if preferred. Browse sample menus on our website.
- Sunday Carvery is served weekly and is very popular so we recommend early booking to avoid disappointment. We serve a choice of three roasts with all the trimmings, or our delicious Poached Salmon in White Wine and Tarragon sauce, Homemade Steak and Ale Pie or for vegetarians our delicious Vegetable Risotto. Sunday Lunch can be enjoyed in our large garden during warmer summer months.
- Landlord Colin has a wealth of experience in running a pub. A choice of well-kept real ales from around the country as well as bottled beers, wines and spirits are served in the public bar area with real log fire, or relax with drinks in our quieter lounge area.
Weddings and Events
- We specialise in all kinds of events from tailor-made weddings to birthday parties, conferences and society dinners.
- Find out more about our bespoke affordable wedding packages on our website, based on 50 guests for the daytime and 100 for the evening, with exclusive use of our suite, wedding breakfast, hire of DJ, Master of Ceremonies, evening buffet and more. Call us direct for more information.
- Parties and celebrations for up to 120. Services available include buffets and DJ Hire.
- Society dinners - ideal for clubs and societies. We can seat up to 100 guests, with dance floor and disco, celebratory drinks on arrival and event menus to suit you.
- We also host regular events such as great fun Karaoke nights and Comedy nights, Tribute Nights and a weekly quiz.
- Conference events and training days for over 100 delegates are warmly welcomed.
- Hilton House is easily reached just off the A50.
- Excellent in-house facilities include meeting space, dining and buffet menus, free WiFi and parking.
- Stylish in-house accommodation and essential facilities including flip chart, screen and projector make us your perfect choice for all sizes of business meetings and conference events.
- Hilton Business Park and a golf course are nearby.
Check-in is from 2pm to 10pm and check-out is by 10am. Single occupancy is welcome in double and twin rooms.
Around and About
- Alton Towers (30 minute drive from Hilton House)
- Donington Park Racing Circuit (15 miles/ 25 minute drive)
- National Memorial Arboretum (16 miles)
- Sudbury Hall and the Museum of Childhood (6 miles)
- Chatsworth House in the heart of the Peak District is a short drive from us
- Tutbury Castle (10 minute drive)
- Derbyshire's magnificent Neo-classical mansion Kedleston Hall is nearby