At a Glance
- 3 cottages - sleep 2-6
- Free WiFi & off road parking
- Excellent disabled access facilities
- Country views
- Cosy log burners
- Secure bike storage
About Summerfield Farm Holiday Cottages
Summerfield Farm nestles in the North York Moors just south of Whitby along the A171. The farm contains three holiday cottages sleeping 2 to 6, two of which have excellent disabled access facilities including ground floor bedrooms and wet rooms with wheelchair accessible showers. Homely and with all modern comforts, the cottages are spacious with charming antique furnishings, co-ordinated fabrics and cosy log burners. All three are open all year round, and short breaks are available during mid and low season.
Albany Cottage - Sleeps 4
- Two bedroom cottage - sleeps 4, with a double bedroom containing a king-size bed and a twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with white 3 piece suite including a bath with shower over.
- Fully fitted kitchen containing an electric oven and hob, washing machine and tumble dryer, microwave.
- Open plan living room with cosy log burner, TV with Freeview channels, a DVD and music centre.
- Parking adjacent and Free WiFi included.
- 1 well trained pet welcome by arrangement.
Scoresby Cottage - Sleeps 6
- Facilities for disabled and less mobile guests - ground floor wetroom/ bathroom with grab rails, downstairs bedroom and wheelchair access. There are no steps from the car park to the cottage, and an adjustable height bed/ hoist access is included.
- Three bedroom cottage sleeping 6 with spectacular views and ample comfortable living space.
- Bedrooms include 1 double with a king-size bed and 2 twin bedrooms on the ground floor.
- Living space is across two levels.
- A ground floor wet room/ bathroom benefits from underfloor heating, a feature Victorian cast iron bath and a wheelchair accessible shower.
- Well equipped kitchen with a microwave, washing machine, tumble dryer and an electric oven and hob.
- TV with Freeview channels and DVD.
- Peaceful east facing garden with furnished patio area. Views are towards our horse fields.
- Off road parking is available for 2 cars.
- Full gas central heating and free WiFi.
Cholmley Cottage - Sleeps 6
- Three bedroom accessible cottage ideal for our disabled or less mobile guests - accessible facilities include a wetroom/ bathroom with grab rails, a downstairs bedroom, wheelchair access and there are no steps from the car park leading to the cottage. The property also has an adjustable height bed/ hoist access.
- Ground floor twin bedroom (one with electric bed), non-slip wet room bathroom with wheelchair accessible shower.
- Fitted kitchen with electric oven and hob, washing machine and tumble dryer, microwave.
- TV with Freeview channels and DVD player.
- Two upstairs bedrooms both with separate shower, wc and wash basin.
- Outside east facing garden with furnished patio and views across to our horse fields.
- Flat level off road parking for 2 cars (which is floodlit at night).
- Free WiFi internet access.
Further Information/ Facilities
- 1 well trained pet welcome in Albany Cottage (sorry no pets please in Scoresby and Cholmley Cottages).
- We welcome service dogs in accordance with current legislation.
- The farm is great for cyclists. We have safe, secure storage for bikes available onsite along with bike washing facilities.
- Guests are welcome to meet and greet our friendly horses - Merlin, Melody and Mary.
- Please do ask if you need any advice on local walks, attractions and activities - we have lots of local knowledge and are always happy to help.
- Bed linen included (towels are available by arrangement).
- All cottages have full gas central heating.
- A range of specialist living equipment is available to hire from shower chairs to hoists - please do just ask when booking.
- Check in after 4pm and depart by 10.30am. Pets are welcome in Albany Cottage by arrangement only - please ask for information on pet tariff when booking.
- No stag and hen parties please, and no smoking is allowed across the entire farm.
- A £200 non-refundable deposit will secure your booking. The balance is due 8 weeks prior to your stay.
- Short breaks are available during low and mid season.
Around and About
- Whitby with attractions including the Abbey, Captain Cook Museum, shops, inns, cafes and restaurants is just minutes away. We're ideally placed for a Whitby festival stay!
- The beautiful North York Moors National Park surrounds us. The famous moorland steam railway departs from nearby Whitby heading to Pickering.
- Robin Hood's Bay old smuggling village is just 3 miles to the south of Summerfield Farm.
- Dalby Forest cycling and the Go Ape Centre, Helmsley Market Town and Rosedale are within an easy drive.