At a Glance
- 11 guest rooms (7 ensuites)
About Tusker Lodge
A family run guest house in the heart of Torquay, Tusker Lodge is just 400 metres from the harbour and overlooks Torwood Gardens from its sunny south east facing terrace. Restaurants, shops and the Princess Theatre are within easy walking distance. The coast path and beaches including Meadfood, Beacon and Hope Cove, Ansteys Cove and Babbacombe's two stunning beaches are nearby.
We have 7 en-suite rooms and 4 single rooms with a shared bathroom. Sorry no family rooms and no children under 12 years please. Guest accommodation is spread across two floors, with a reception and breakfast room on the ground floor. South facing rooms have views across to pretty Torwood gardens. Each room includes:-
- Free WiFi internet access
- Central heating
- Freeview TV
- Complimentary tea and coffee making faciliites
- Alarm clock/ radios
Cooked and buffet breakfast is included in rates with 'Breakfast on the Go' option also available for early/ late risers. Our breakfast menu includes:-
- Starters - fruit juice, cereals
- Full English cooked breakfast with all the trimmings
- Vegetarian Full English
- White or brown toast, preserves
- Tea and coffee (a variety of teas are available)
- Room only or B&B rates
- Fabulous location - 400 metres from the harbour
- South east facing terrace with views of Torwood Gardens
- Guests have 24 hour access to their rooms and the guest house
- Parking is available
- Water dispenser in reception
- Credit cards accepted with no fee incurred
- By car, from the M5 southbound, continue on the A38 for about 2.4 miles. Merge left onto the A380 via the ramp to Torquay, carry on for 10.1 miles.
- At the roundabout, continue along the A380, taking the second exit.
- Carry on for 2.9 miles. At the next roundabout take the first exit - Riviera Way/A3022, carry on for 2.6 miles.
- At the lights at the very end of the road, take a left, and follow the seafront (not the sharp left).
- At the first roundabout left through the town centre, then left at the second roundabout onto Torwood Street, straight over the lights. You will see Tusker Lodge just before the second turning on the left - Museum Road.
- Exeter Airport (26 miles, 40 minute drive).
- Torquay has two stations - both around a 30 minute walk/ 6 or 7 minute drive from us.
Around and About
- Living Coasts - Torquay's Coastal Zoo nearby
- Only metres from Torquay harbour offering Jet ski and watersports, boat trips and hire
- Town centre shops, theatres, restaurants, inns and nightlife are a short walk away
- We're also ideally placed for Kent's Cavern and Babbacombe attractions - beaches, the cliff lift, The Downs and model village
- Great beaches are nearby including Meadfoot, a top spot for bathing and diving