At a Glance
- Flexible self-catering cottages
- Use of hotel restaurant & bar
- Games room, tennis & sauna
- Indoor swimming pool (seasonal)
- Set in 44 acres
- Wedding parties/ family groups
- Romantic retreats
- Woolacombe (2 miles)
- Pets welcome by arrangement
About Trimstone Self-Catering Cottages
Trimstone Manor Self-Catering accommodation near Woolacombe are a selection of beautiful cottages, formerly a mill and ancillary buildings, set within 44 acres of landscaped gardens in the heart of North Devon. Perfect as cottage retreats for couples and families, or booked together for larger groups, wedding parties and special occasions, flexible self-catering accommodation has been recently refurbished to a very high standard. Pets are welcome by arrangement, and cottages can be configured to suit a variety of group sizes. Award-winning sandy beaches at Croyde, Woolacombe and Saunton are just a short drive away and we're within easy reach of Exmoor National Park and the North Devon Coast Path.
Cottages sleep from 2 to 8 guests and cluster around a courtyard adjoining Trimstone Manor Country House Hotel. The cottages can be booked individually or together. Each is equipped with all you will need for a self-catering holiday except for towels - please bring these along with you. Self-Catering Accommodation comprises:-
- Mill Apartment (Sleeps 2 to 4)
- Paddock Apartment (Sleeps 3+1)
- Parkland Caravan (Sleeps 4+1)
- Gate Cottage and Manor Cottage (both Sleep 5+1)
- Mill Cottage (Sleeps 6+1)
- Paddock Cottage (Sleeps 7+1)
- The Granary (Sleeps 8+1)
Facilities/ Additional Information
Guests are welcome to use a range of onsite facilities during their stay including:-
- Games Room
- Tennis Court
- Indoor heated swimming pool (open during high season - Easter to October half term).
- Attractive gardens and grounds with plenty of quiet areas perfect for relaxing with a drink and book.
- Our self-catering guests are also welcome to dine and enjoy a drink at the Trimstone Hotel Bar and Tyme Restaurant, with special terms available for both breakfast and evening meals.
- WiFi internet access
- Accommodation is non-smoking throughout
- Pets are welcome by arrangement only, but must not be left unattended in properties and please keep your pet off furniture.
Special to Trimstone Manor Self-Catering
The flexibility of self-catering accommodation with access to a range of onsite hotel and leisure facilities. Whether you're looking for that cosy cottage retreat for two or flexible accommodation for large groups of family or friends, Trimstone Manor is the perfect choice.
Self-catering cottages and our stylish hotel suites and rooms booked together are perfect for wedding parties and special occasions - find out more about all our great wedding services and facilities on our website.
Cottages are available from 3pm, and departure is by 10.30am on departure day. Different arrival and departure times may be possible by arrangement only. Changeover day is a Saturday.
- 44 acres of beautiful grounds and gardens are onsite and a variety of scenic short walks and pretty, peaceful country lanes surround the country manor estate.
- The charming village of West Down is just 2 miles away and Trimstone Manor sits close to Willingcott Golf Course.
- The family friendly Tarka Trail perfect for walking and cycling is right on our doorstep.
- Seaside Ilfracombe with its many attractions including the famous Tunnels Beaches and boat trips to off-shore Lundy Island is within easy driving distance.
- Award-winning Devon beaches including Blue Flag Woolacombe, surfer favourite Croyde and many more spectacular sandy beaches are just minutes away.
- Exmoor National Park, Lynton and Lynmouth are also within easy reach.
- Cottages are only 2 miles from Woolacombe, 5 miles from Braunton and just south of Ilfracombe.
- Driving from the direction of Barnstaple, north along the A361, continue on through Braunton and Knowle villages.
- Around 3 miles after Knowle, past a picnic layby area, take a left turn onto Trimstone Lane.
- Cottages and the hotel are clearly signposted with Brown Tourist signs - we are 300 yards along Trimstone Lane on the left - welcome and please park up in the car park.
- For guests coming from Ilfracombe, drive 1 mile to Mullacott Cross and take the Braunton turn on to the A361. After half a mile take a right turn onto Trimstone Lane.