At a Glance
- B&B, caravan & camping
- Farmhouse breakfasts
- Set within 30 acres
- Sea and country views
- Walker/Cyclist friendly
- Bike storage
About Mullacott Farm
Mullacott Farm offers Bed and Breakfast Accommodation, a Static Caravan and Campsite beautifully set amongst 30 acres of a coastal preservation area in North Devon. The land has fabulous sea views on three sides, overlooking Woolacombe and Lundy Island to the west, Lee Bay and Ilfracombe to the north and the south coast of Wales on a clear day. Ilfracombe's famous Tunnels Beaches are within easy reach.
We have a choice of accommodation options including:-
- B&B accommodation in Swallow Barn, which has been lovingly renovated and retains many of its original features, including the old exposed beams.
- A static caravan is available for rent in a sheltered area of the farm and this accommodates six people in three bedrooms. There is a well equipped kitchen and a large lounge dining area with banquet seating, gas fire and television.
- YHA Camping Barn - great for groups of up to twenty people on sleeping platforms with a mattress (though we do ask that you bring your own bedding and sleeping bag). There is a dining area and well-fitted kitchen area with electric full-size oven, hob, fridge-freezer, microwave, toaster, kettle, sinks with hot water from a water heater.
- Camping and caravan pitches are also available on the farm in the eight acre camping field with plenty of parking. A number of facilities are provided to ensure that your stay is as comfortable as possible - these include electric hook ups, separate male and female toilets, showers and mains drinking water. Ball games and kites are encouraged and we allow barbecues.
Bed & Breakfast Accommodation
- Housed within 100 year old Swallow Barn, beautifully converted and retaining many original features including exposed beams.
- All the bedrooms have a double and a single bed, and are en-suite, with a toilet, basin and shower. They are tastefully decorated, in a simple country cottage theme.
- There are two bedrooms on the ground floor, with stable doors leading out onto the patio, where there is substantial wooden garden furniture, a great spot for enjoying an evening drink and relaxing.
- Upstairs there are 4 rooms, 2 adjoining rooms and a double and a single room.
- All of the bedrooms include free WiFi, a TV, clock radio, a tea and coffee hospitality tray, hairdryer, plenty of storage space, and a comfortable seating area, with chairs and table.
- A hearty farmhouse breakfast is included, cooked by host and trained chef Alison. Special diets can be catered for by prior request.
- There is a storage area available for surfboards and bicycles.
- Dogs are welcome on the farm, but they cannot stay in the B&B. They must be kept on a lead, and cleaned up after, at all times.
- Free range eggs and sausages are available from the farmhouse.
- Packed lunches available. (pre-order the day before).
- Onsite bike and surfboard storage.
- Collection of local maps and guides available on request.
- Drying area in the hall with hooks and boot racks.
Check-in and Check-out
Check-in is after midday and check-out on departure day is by 10am.
Around and About
- Tunnels Beaches in Ilfracombe
- Award-winning North Coast beaches popular with families and surfers at Woolacombe and Croyde.
- Exmoor National Park and the North Devon Heritage Coast are right on our doorstep.
From Junction 27 of the M5, follow the A361 to Barnstaple. Continue on the A361 following signs to Ilfracombe. On entering Ilfracombe from Mullacott Cross, 300m from the roundabout turn left, at the brown tourist sign saying Mullacott Riding Stables and Mullacott Farm Camping Barn. Drive through the two white pillars, with horses heads on and take the first turning right. Follow the signs, depending on whether you are towing or not.