At a Glance
- 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
- Games room & grass meadow
- Tea room & art centre
- 1 dog welcome
- Welcome pack on arrival
- Summerhouse & BBQ
About The Milking Parlour
A one bedroom cottage gem just 1.5 miles from Bempton Cliffs, the Milking Parlour at Rockville Farm in Buckton is a 200 year old cow house and feed room cottage conversion brimming with character and charm. Sleeping two adults and with space for a travel cot, the cottage retains many original features including vaulted ceilings and high beams. One pet is welcome and guests have access to a grass meadow offering ample space for dog exercising and children's play. A village inn and shop are only 500 yards from the cottage.
Our extensive onsite facilities include a games room with a pool table and TV, and a summerhouse with views towards the pond, garden and a nature area. You'll also have use of a BBQ, access to our Gallery Tea Room (open Wednesday to Sunday, 11am to 4.30pm March to October, and why not take the opportunity to browse our onsite Art Centre displaying prints and paintings by landscape artist/ owner Richard. Art tuition is also available on request.
A beautiful two storey barn conversion with all modern comforts including free WiFi internet access. Living space comprises:-
- Open plan ground floor lounge, kitchen and dining area with stone flooring. A wc and wash basin is also on the ground floor.
- A well equipped fitted kitchen with a dishwasher, a microwave and a fridge freezer. (separate use of a utility room with a washer/ dryer is available).
Bedroom / Bathroom
- First floor bedroom with a 5ft double bed. A travel cot and an extra pull-out bed for a child up to six years is available on request.
- Bathroom with a bath and shower over, wc and wash basin.
- Secure private parking.
- Outdoor seating area adjacent to the cottage.
- A TV with Freeview channels, a DVD and a CD player.
- Free WiFi internet access.
- Gas central heating included.
- Cosy electric woodburning stove.
- We include all fuel and power in booking price.
- Bed linen and duvets are provided - please bring along your own beach towels.
- Use of a washer/ dryer available in a separate utility area.
- Travel cot and a highchair both happily provided on request.
- A welcome pack is available on arrival.
- Essentials such as a hairdryer and ironing facilities are included.
- Use of a games room, summerhouse and BBQ.
- Access to a grass meadow with space for dog exercising, children's play and with wonderful rural views.
- The Richard Burton Art Centre with signed paintings and prints by owner Richard is onsite.
- The Gallery Tea Room - open 11am to 4.30pm from March to October, Wednesday to Sunday.
- A free drinks voucher for the tea room is included in your stay.
Changeover day for weekly bookings is usually a Friday or a Monday, however we can be flexible dependent on availability. Short breaks, 3 or 4 nights from Friday to Monday or Monday to Friday are available all year round. A 20% deposit is required on booking.
Around and About
- The cottage is a mere 500 yards from the village inn and a shop.
- Spectacular RSPB Bempton Cliffs - Yorkshire's famous 'Puffin Coast' - is only 1.5 miles away.
- The North York Moors and the Yorkshire Wolds are right on our doorstep.
- Attractions including Sewerby Hall and Gardens, Skipsea Castle, the Old Beacon Light Tower and Bondville Model Village are nearby.
- Seaside Bridlington with its sandy beach and family attractions is only a 10 minute drive.