At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Sunny terrace & garden
- Dogs welcome
- Walker/Cyclist Friendly
- Short breaks (min 3 nights)
- Spectacular rural views
About Granary Cottage
Nestling in the heart of the Radnorshire Hills, Granary Cottage at Ty Gwyn Farm in Llandrindod Wells is perfect for walking, cycling and holidays with dogs. A choice of fabulous walks are direct from your cottage door in this unspoilt 'hidden gem' area of Mid-Wales. Granary Cottage is peaceful and quiet, surrounded by our own farm land. There is no light pollution and there are stunning panoramic views from the cottage and gardens.
Dog lovers will find us the perfect country escape. The unspoilt Elan Valley, Builth Wells and Hay on Wye are all a short distance away, and the Victorian Spa town of Llandrindod Wells with its famous Temple Gardens is within easy reach of the farm. Birds and wildlife are rich in this area - a variety of birds have been spotted by our guests around the farm from tawny owls and red kite to goldfinch and greenfinch. Excellent brown trout fishing is also available on Elan Valley Reservoirs and the River Wye.
A beautiful cottage conversion on our mixed traditional working farm, sleeping 4 with ease, retaining original character features and with modern facilities including free WiFi and full central heating. Living space has modern and traditional furnishings, and comprises:
- Open hallway and stairs.
- Spacious light kitchen and dining room.
- Fully fitted kitchen with an oven/hob, a fridge, microwave, a dishwasher and a washing machine, crockery, glass, cutlery, utensils and cooking pans. A large freezer is also available for guests to use.
- Dining area with pine table.
- Bright, comfortable sitting room with large comfy sofa and armchairs, a colour TV with Sky Freeview, a DVD and CD player/ radio. Soft lighting is versatile, allowing you to adjust to the setting you wish.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Two en-suite bedrooms.
- Ground floor double bedroom with a fitted wardrobe, shelving, a dressing table with a large mirror, a magnifying mirror and overhead lighting.
- En-suite bathroom with a bath and a walk in shower, shaving point and a mirror with light over.
- Upstairs twin bedroom with a fitted wardrobe, chest of drawers, a dressing table with large mirror, magnifying mirror and overhead lights.
- En-suite bathroom with bath and a shower attachment. Shaving point and light over mirror.
Accessible Cottage Accommodation
The Granary Cottage is perfect for less mobile guests, featuring a downstairs bedroom with en-suite bathroom containing a walk-in shower and a separate bath.
- Cosy, sunny terrace.
- Separate lawned garden with table, chairs and rural views.
- Ample parking space alongside the cottage.
Other Things to Note
- Books and games provided.
- Free WiFi.
- Full central heating.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome free of charge.
- No children under 15 years please. Babies are welcome.
Short breaks - 3 night stay commencing on Fridays, or 4 nights starting on Mondays. Minimum stay is 3 nights. Weekly changeover is either Friday to Friday or Monday to Monday.
Around and About
- Guests are welcome to walk around the farm - fields run past Holly Brook and footpaths are direct from the farm. We're perfect for walking and cycling escapes.
- Victorian spa town Llandrindod Wells, home to the National Cycle Museum.
- The reservoirs and dams of the Elan Valley with fishing opportunities.
- Erwood Station Craft Centre.
- Grade I Listed Abbey Cwm Hir Hall.
- The Spaceguard Centre and Observatory, Knighton.
- Builth Wells - the Royal Welsh Agricultural Show, The Wyeside Arts Centre.
- Red Kite feeding centre, Rhayder.
- Visit our website to find out more about attractions and activities in our Mid Wales area.
Ty Gwyn Farm (2.5 miles from Llandrindod Wells) is located on the right just after Llandrindod Wells golf course. Please don't go into Ty Gwyn Bach which is just before you arrive at our farm.
From the North:-
- A44 and A483 from Crossgates:- Into Llandrindod Wells, continue past the Metropole hotel (a big green hotel on the left). Take a first left past the Metropole signed 'The Lake'.
- After the left turn, take an immediate right turn between a chemists and Automobile Palace.
- Carry on this road, past the lake.
- At a T Junction - turn left, up a hill passing a golf course, then around a bend passing bungalows to your left.
- Carry on for about 1/4 mile, then follow the road round as it bends to a sharp right (don't take the road just in front which has no through road signage).
- Lookout for the finger post which says Ty Gwyn Farm - follow the lane through a metal gate which is usually open, down a hill to a black gate.
- Turn in through the black gate into our yard. Carry on into the courtyard and Granary Cottage is just on the left side of the courtyard.
From the South:-
- Via the A483 from Builth Wells, as you enter Llandrindod Wells, pass the garage on the right hand side, then you'll arrive at a wide right hand turn just opposite the Old Grosvenor Bakery signed for The Lake and Golf Course. Take a right turn, and pass the lake - up hill, passing the golf course, and then directions as above.