At a Glance
- Locally sourced breakfasts
- Discount tickets to local attractions
About the Glendon Guest House
Nestling on the eastern edge of the Peak District National Park, luxury Glendon Guest House in Matlock offers five beautifully presented guest rooms including a deluxe oak four poster room and a family room for four people. Elegant and opulent throughout with great attention to detail, the Glendon holds a TripAdvisor Excellence Award and is within easy walking distance of Matlock's famous antique and craft shops, chic cafes, fine restaurants, inns and popular attraction - The Heights of Abraham.
- All five guest bedrooms are individually styled with en-suite facilities and free wireless internet access.
- Modern essentials and luxury touches include a flat screen TV with Freeview, soft Egyptian cotton bed linen and fine cotton towels in en-suites.
- All rooms are equipped with tea and coffee making facilities and fresh milk, a quiet mini fridge, hairdryers, shaving points, thermostatically controlled central heating and a radio alarm clock with iPod and iphone dock.
- We also provide a welcome pack in rooms, well stocked with local guides and a town map of former Victorian spa town Matlock.
- Our stunning oak four poster room is perfect for couples on a romantic break and we also offer a king-size double room and a twin bedroom.
- A spacious family room can sleep four, featuring a double bed with an adjoining room containing a set of full size bunk beds.
- Single occupancy rates are available for all our rooms, except the family room, making us ideal for both business and leisure stays.
- Private hire of the guest house is available over the festive Christmas/ New Year period offering accommodation for up to 12 people. Please call us direct for further details.
Wake up to delicious locally sourced breakfasts served from 8 to 9am on weekdays, 8.30 to 9.15pm at weekends in our attractive dining room. A choice of options are available including hearty cooked to order English breakfast with a vegetarian alternative available.
Lighter options include eggs benedict and smoked salmon. Special diets are happily catered for and breakfast choice includes a full compliment of extras such as fresh fruit, yoghurt, breads and cereals.
Facilities/ Further Information
Guests have access to their own elegant lounge with delightful views towards Knowleston Gardens. Car parking is available to the rear of the property.
The Glendon welcomes guests all year round. Discounted tickets are available to Chatsworth and the Heights of Abraham.
For weekend bookings from Easter to October a minimum 2 night stay applies. Prices include breakfast.
Around and About
Nearby attractions within easy reach include the Heights of Abraham Cable Car ride and beautiful riverside walks along the Derwent. We're also directly adjacent to the restored Hall Leys Park and just a stone's throw from family attractions including Gulliver's Kingdom theme park in Matlock Bath and the enchanting Crich Tramway Museum.
Matlock makes a superb base from which to explore the Peak District, and nearby Matlock station offers direct rail links to Derby. Local attractions and amenities are within walking distance and Bakewell, Buxton, Ashbourne and Dovedale, the Castleton Caves and family fun Carsington Water are all just a short drive away.
- Coming from the south along the M1, exit junction 28 (Alfreton Exit).
- Turn off on to the A615 Matlock Road.
- Follow the signposted road down to Matlock, passing a Total Garage to the left and past the gallery.
- Glendon Guest House is just 100 metres further along to the left.
- From the Northwest via the A6 into Matlock - the Crown Square roundabout go straight on past Boots to the left.
- Straight over the mini-roundabout (the park is to the right).
- At the end of the park keep going for 50 metres and Glendon B&B and car park is signposted on the right.
- Travellers arriving from the north on the M1, come off at Junction 29, the Chesterfield exit and follow the A617 for Chesterfield.
- Carry on to the next roundabout and follow the A61 signposted Derby. Keep on the A61, and at the traffic lights take the right tun for Matlock - the A632.
- Follow this road for 7 miles. Once in Matlock at the A616 junction turn right (you'll see a Total Garage on your left).
- Continue on past the gallery to the your left. The Glendon guest house with car park is signposted just 100 metres further on - we look forward to welcoming you.