At a Glance
- 5/6 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- York city centre (8 miles)
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- On-street parking adjacent
- Free WiFi & underfloor heating
- Landscaped garden & patio
About Garden Cottage
A charming Victorian country cottage just to the south of York city centre, Garden Cottage in the conservation village of Appleton Roebuck is conveniently placed near York Racecourse, the university and York Designer Outlet. Perfect for large family groups, reunions or families sharing, this spacious property accommodates 13+1, and features a large enclosed landscaped garden with a patio seating up to 12 and a BBQ, ideal for al fresco dining and entertaining.
- Main entrance with ample coat and boot storage space.
- Spacious sitting room with a cosy woodburner and underfloor heating, a 32" flat-screen TV and a DVD. (A small collection of DVDs are available).
- Large French doors afford access out to the private garden from the sitting room.
- A relaxing Conservatory has access out onto the patio with BBQ.
- The fully fitted farmhouse kitchen contains a Range cooker, grill, a microwave, dishwasher, fridge and freezer, a washing machine, clothes dryer, coffee maker and toaster, all essential cooking accessories and utensils and ironing facilities.
- Ample dining space for up to fourteen people.
- Bedroom 1 - a king-size double bedroom with space for a cot.
- Bedroom 2 and 3 - a double and twin room which can also serve as a spacious family room when bi-folding doors separating the two are open.
- Bathroom with a bath and shower over.
- Second bathroom with a separate bath and a power shower.
- The Games Room can also be used as a double bedroom and is equipped with a children's pool table, table football, a wall-mounted TV and a DVD player.
- Bedroom 4 - a king-size double bedroom with space for an additional cot and bed if required.
- Bedroom 5 - a triple bedroom with a double and single bed.
- Large fully enclosed, secure landscaped garden.
- Patio area with ample seating and a barbecue.
Additional Facilities/ Information
- Pets are welcome by prior arrangement only.
- Free complimentary WiFi is available.
- The cottage is non-smoking throughout.
- Off street parking for 3 cars is onsite, with additional on-street parking adjacent.
- All modern facilities include an iPod dock, a DVD library and a CD player/ radio.
- A telephone (with honesty box) is included.
- Boardgames and a pack of cards are provided.
Short breaks, minimum 3 nights (Friday to Monday), are available all year round. Weekly changeover is usually Friday to Friday. Short breaks of two nights commencing on a Friday or Saturday may also be possible as last minute stays - please call us for further details.
"Great for family holidays. Lovely central gathering place in the kitchen and lounge and a huge garden for the kids. Everyone found it relaxing and all gathered for meal times around the table." Ricky Quinn 4/4/16
Around and About
York city centre attractions are a mere 8 miles from Garden Cottage. Accommodation is perfect for York racing breaks and group gatherings, with other Yorkshire racecourses including Wetherby and Ripon only a short drive away.
Several first class golf courses feature in the local area, and nearby heritage sites not to be missed include World Heritage Site Studley Royal Park and the ruins of Fountains Abbey.
Please note that if you are coming on the A64 from the West you can now turn directly towards Appleton Roebuck over the new overpass. Upon entering the village, stay on the main street and look for a red telephone box on right. The Old Vicarage 'Garden Cottage' is directly opposite the telephone box.